Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

D&C - when does the bleeding stop

Hi ladies, I had my D&C on 8/20 and I am still bleeding! Not heavy but enough that I need to wear a pad. When does it stop? My doc said it would probably only be 3-5 days but I'm way beyond that. Is this normal? I'm so emotionally drained, every time I use the bathroom its a reminder of my loss and it sucks! Anyone else exprrience bleeding this long after D&C?
Married: 4/28/12
BFP: 7/2/14 ;  1st US 7/21/14 Baby measuring 7w5d, HB of 138;  Discovered MMC 8/18/14 at 11w2d, baby measuring 8w5d, no hb ; 8/19/14 D&C

TTCAL December siggy challenge - Autocorrect Fails

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</My Chart

Re: D&amp;C - when does the bleeding stop

• Options
    If you return to activity too quickly it can cause the bleeding to last longer than usual. A lot of people don't even start bleeding until 2-5 days after the surgery and then it usually lasts about a week after that. 

So it all depends on your situation. But if you're ever worried just call your doctors office. They are there to answer questions.

Good luck. I'm sorry you're still having to go through this.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    KingLED said:
    If you return to activity too quickly it can cause the bleeding to last longer than usual. A lot of people don't even start bleeding until 2-5 days after the surgery and then it usually lasts about a week after that. 

So it all depends on your situation. But if you're ever worried just call your doctors office. They are there to answer questions.

Good luck. I'm sorry you're still having to go through this.

This

I didn't have any bleeding until a few days after, spotted for a couple days, then had full on bleeding, like a period for a week.  Overdoing it can definitely increase bleeding as well.

I was told if it is bright red, soaking through more than a pad an hour, have a fever or pain that cannot be controlled by pain meds to call or go to the ER

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks to you both! If it doesn't slow down or stop by Monday I'm gonna call my doc. But so far it's not very heavy and no pain/cramps so I don't think I need an ER or anything. FX it stops soon. Thanks for the advice. :)
    BFP: 7/2/14 ;  1st US 7/21/14 Baby measuring 7w5d, HB of 138;  Discovered MMC 8/18/14 at 11w2d, baby measuring 8w5d, no hb ; 8/19/14 D&C

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</My Chart

• Options
    One went on for a couple of weeks unfortunately. It wasn't bad in the beginning, and peaked around days 5-7

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• Options
    Thanks ladies! It stopped yesterday but now has started up a little again. So frustrating. I have a doc appt on Weds. so we'll see what she says.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"