January 2015 Moms
Options

Name for dd#2

Our first daughter is named Ember and my husband wants a name that compliments that. He wants phenox, at first I thought that could be a really cool name but I've been thinking lately and I'm just not sure. Do any of you have any suggestion? I'm so exhausted trying to come up with a name. With our first I knew before we found out what she was what her name would be, with this one I'm afraid she will never have a name.

Re: Name for dd#2

• Options
    Do you mean Phoenix, as in the city in Arizona and the mythological bird who rose from ashes (and embers, presumably)? I would not choose Phoenix for a child, especially with your first kid being named Ember. Can you give any sort of guidance on other names you and your husband like?

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Options
    When I type "Ember" and "Phoenix" into Nymbler.com as "inspiration" names, I get some of the following:

Willow, Skye, Scarlett, Jewel, Aurora, Summer, and Melody.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Phoenix is nms. Some names that I like and think would go well with Ember:

Arya
    Aster
    Brigid
    Jasmine
    Nina
  • Options
    Oh yes Pheonix, sorry did not realize that did not type out correctly. Thank you ladies for the suggestions.
    I like The way pheonix rose sounds but just being called pheonix, I'm not sure how seriously she would be taken later on in life. I've been looking and I came across Neela- blue color of the sea. DD1 is Ember and embers are blue of a fire, ;)
    You are right baby standish, we have plenty of time. ;)
    Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
  • Options
    I think Ember and Willow would be cute.
  • Options
    I like Neela.  It's not so obvious in meaning as Phoenix.  Of the other suggestions, I also like Scarlett.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I definitely like Neela over Phoenix
  • Options
    I like Scarlett or Ayla!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"