April 2014 Moms

Intro...Again

Hello! I intro'd earlier this year but then got behind and never really participated. My "home" board would be SAHM but I only post in the daily To-Do post so hopefully I get back into posting. Anyways, I have two sons- Higgins was born in November 2012 and Gavin was born April 6, 2014. DH and I have been married 4 years. We live in southern MN. DH is an agricultural and biological engineer and before I stayed home with the boys I worked in vaccine and medical device research. I was going through the interview process for admission to veterinary school when I got pregnant with Higgins. We also crop farm. We have two dogs- long haired mini dachshunds. I enjoy reading, organizing, being around cows, and being outside with my family.

And here's some info about Gavin. Born at 40 weeks 1 day. Was in labor for 4 hours, fully dilated when we arrived at the hospital, pushed for 45 minutes, and he was born med free. We are EBF (I EP'd with DS1) and plan to do BLW around 6 months when he seems interested. As of now he loves rolling all over the place, watching his dogs and big brother, and sitting with assistance. 

That should get me kind of caught up. Hope you'll have me!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro...Again

• Hello and welcome!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey! Higgins is such a neat name :)
  • rtv3rtv3 member
    Welcome :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Welcome! I have an A14 Gavin as well
  • My DS shares a birthday with Gavin! I'm also in MN-Twin Cities. Welcome!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Welcome! I'm moving to the Twin Cities in about 2 weeks :-)
  • Thanks ladies! @LoriMc12‌ we lived in St Paul for a year and Maple Grove for a year. @meetmow what area are you moving to? I grew up an hour west of the twin cities.

• vettymama said:

Thanks ladies! @LoriMc12‌ we lived in St Paul for a year and Maple Grove for a year. @meetmow what area are you moving to? I grew up an hour west of the twin cities.

I'm temporarily moving to Inver Grove Heights while we figure out where we are going to land permanently. DH just took a job with the MSP Airport Authority and he might be wiggling around the cities for a few months. How far south are you?
  • meetmow said:
    Thanks ladies! @LoriMc12‌ we lived in St Paul for a year and Maple Grove for a year. @meetmow what area are you moving to? I grew up an hour west of the twin cities.
    I'm temporarily moving to Inver Grove Heights while we figure out where we are going to land permanently. DH just took a job with the MSP Airport Authority and he might be wiggling around the cities for a few months. How far south are you?
    About 6 miles from the Iowa border, right around 3 hours to get to the cities.

• meetmow said:
    @meetmow  We will practically be neighbors!  I'm close to IGH.  Where are you moving from?
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • meetmowmeetmow member
    edited September 2014

@meetmow  We will practically be neighbors!  I'm close to IGH.  Where are you moving from?

Really? Sweet! Maybe we can do a gtg for the Twin Cities! I grew up there but don't know any other moms and I'll be SAH for my first time since LO1 was born. We are moving from Waterloo, IA (which we just moved to in March), and Aberdeen, SD before that. We are thinking MN is going to be permanent, though!

Eta: Sorry, I'm not smart enough to make the quote tree little.
  • meetmow said:

Really? Sweet! Maybe we can do a gtg for the Twin Cities! I grew up there but don't know any other moms and I'll be SAH for my first time since LO1 was born. We are moving from Waterloo, IA (which we just moved to in March), and Aberdeen, SD before that. We are thinking MN is going to be permanent, though!

Eta: Sorry, I'm not smart enough to make the quote tree little.

Definitely!
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards