Trying to Get Pregnant

Long cycle question

I'm currently at CD 65 and have had many BFNs. Is there any chance my cycle will decide to happen again without Provera?
Anniversary

Re: Long cycle question

• It's a possibility, but it's usually "60 days without a period or positive pregnancy test" and then go see your doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's been 132 days for me since last cycle (just finished a round of provera) so yea it could or it could not. Wish I knew sooner to ask at 60 days.
  • I'm wondering if I should pack it in and go see an RE since I haven't really had a normal cycle since I came off birth control last October. I don't even know that I've definitely O'd since coming off of it. I got two positive OPKs but that doesn't mean much. I don't want to take Provera again though, my OBGYN put me on it last November because I bled for nearly 6 weeks after removing my nuvaring and it was an awful experience. I just want a baby to grow in my ute dammit!!!
    Anniversary

• I'm wondering if I should pack it in and go see an RE since I haven't really had a normal cycle since I came off birth control last October. I don't even know that I've definitely O'd since coming off of it. I got two positive OPKs but that doesn't mean much. I don't want to take Provera again though, my OBGYN put me on it last November because I bled for nearly 6 weeks after removing my nuvaring and it was an awful experience. I just want a baby to grow in my ute dammit!!!
    I think seeing the RE at this point is probably a good move. If you're not even ovulating on your own the one year rule is kind of pointless.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I just had a way longer than usual cycle and my doctor prescribed provera...I filled it and started my period like 2 hours later. Apparently just picking it up from Walgreens kick-started my cycle.
  • edited August 2014
    I started temping around CD30ish of my first cycle off BCP. I did ovulate on my own on CD74, confirmed with temping and my cycle ended without Provera. I would recommend temping but also sounds like at least an appointment with your OB/GYN would be a good idea to look into things. I wish you the best, I know how hard it can be. 

Edit - Looks like you are temping, so I would take what information you have to your OB/GYN or RE. 
    ME: 30 DH: 31

Married 6/2/12

BFP!!! 10/6/14 EDD 6/16/15
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I just had a way longer than usual cycle and my doctor prescribed provera...I filled it and started my period like 2 hours later. Apparently just picking it up from Walgreens kick-started my cycle.
    I'm going to go fill my clomid prescription now. Hopefully I will have the same luck.

OP: I agree with KingLED, time to see an RE for help.

Married and started TTC in July 2013

"Diagnosed" with unexplained infertility
    Oct 2014 IUI #1: 100mg clomid/HCG trigger/2 mature follicles/18mil post wash sperm count: BFP!!!

• I agree with pp that you should go see an RE.  Wishing you good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • I had my thyroid checked in May when I had a 61 day cycle and went in for a blood hcg because my step MIL is one of those one in a million people who never could turn a pee stick with either of her pregnancies. It was 3.81 which they said was normal. I had a feeling when I came off BCP (I was back on it to manage endo symptoms) this most recent time that I would need help but I wanted to give my body a chance. I had made an appointment in June but then cancelled it. I guess it's time to call them back. Thanks for the advice ladies!
    Anniversary

• @~Mrs.Wise~ I would definitely see an RE. 3.81 is within the "normal" range for your thyroid, but it is too high to be ideal for TTC. My RE medicates anything over 2.0. It really could be a big reason you're having these pain-in-the-ass cycles, and if that's all that's wrong, it's an easy fix and there's no sense in waiting to fix it. Lower TSH levels are safer for when you actually get pregnant anyway. Good luck!
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"