TTC After a Loss
Options

Infertility Doctor

Today my OB officially referred me on to an infertility doctor that is about 3 hours away. I know this is good news because my OB has done everything she possibly can to find out what is causing my miscarriages, but she has ran out of options. I am so worried he won't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice on what may happen next? Has anyone else been referred to an infertility doctor due to not being able to carry children? I am happy because I am moving in a direction again, but I am also worried they will tell me there isn't a reason for my losses. 

I want thank you ahead of time for the support and feedback. 

Re: Infertility Doctor

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm sorry I should have posted that before. Thank you for mentioning it. I have had tests for blood clotting, lupus, thyroid, diabetes, genetic, and just recently I had an HSG. All of my tests have come back normal. DH is trying to get the genetic testing done, but his doctor's office is being a little difficult (we have different insurance). I should also mention I have had 4 losses 3 at 4-5 weeks and my last being 6 weeks. 
  • Options

I'm assuming you're going to see an RE? I see one as well, but for difficulty getting pregnant, not multiple losses.

Your first appointment is likely to just be a consultation. After that, it's possible they might want to re-do some of the blood work as well as check FSH and E2. You'll also probably have a CD 3 ultrasound. Has your H had an SA? They might want to do that too. 

Once they're satisfied with the information they have, you'll be able to come up with a treatment plan. Just keep in mind that it may be a cycle or two before you're able to start any treatment since it can take some time to get all of the testing done.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the feedback. DH has not had any SA and right now we are just working on getting the chromosome analysis done for him. I believe the doctor is a RE, but when they gave me his information they just said infertility doctor. I guess I will know the 18th what this new doctor thinks and hopefully get back on the path of actually trying to conceive. We have been waiting because I can't imagine going through another loss and without reasons. It terrifies me to think I am just getting pregnant to loss a baby. 
  • Options
    Nothing to add just wanted to send my sympathy on your four losses.
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"