Special Needs

Short-Term Health Insurance

Does anyone know anything about short term health insurance plans in reference to pre-existing conditions, etc?  I'm finding conflicting information.  DH wants to move out of state and while i'm 99% against it I am researching because he has potential to make more money.  It's just that TX has a LONG waitlist of the medicaid waiver like DD1 has here already.  
Our cobra would be $2800+ for ONE month.  Which is a hard pill to swallow since we don't even have that much to our name right now!  Thanks to 4 trips to MI for DD1s surgery and now we're about to rinse and repeat for DD2.  

Any thoughts or suggestions?  I believe the company he is looking at has benefits that start after 30 days, I need to clarify if it's exactly 30 days or the 1st day of the next month following the 30 days.  
DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: Short-Term Health Insurance

• I don't want to risk going over the 30 days and having 30 days without credible coverage and opening up the door to pre-existing condition clauses for all of us.  And likely no we can't coast.  Peyton would still have her waiver here (because he is moving before us) but Morgan is having surgery In November and will probably have a post op that month and who knows what else.  I have crohns disease and ankyloing spondilitis and have had 2 uveitis flares in the last 3 months.  
    Are you in Texas?  I know the waiver has a long wait list which makes me sad sad sad.  The buy in has a maximum income cap of 70k ish for a family of 4 which also makes me sad.  I keep crossing my fingers the buy in will be expanded the new year, or something.  Or maybe with 2 qualifying kids the income limit is a tad higher, or we can use some exclusions, anything really.  
    We did cobra before and it was $1400 a month but the $2800 is just outrageous.  
    DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"