December 2014 Moms
Options

HYPOglycemia

Hi ladies hope your al doing well. I have recently been diagnosed with hypoglycemia. My blood sugar was dropping so low that I wasn't able to see and at times blacking out.
Have any of you other ladies dealt with that during pregnancy? Any tips? I feel like I'm constantly eating to matain a blood sugar above 80. TIA!

Re: HYPOglycemia

• Options
    I have reactive hypoglycemia, and have found that a diet that's at least 30% protein and no more than 40% carbs helps keep me balanced. I use the Lose It! App to track my food and nutrient percentages. Hope this helps!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with @ebilbao. Protein is good and helps keep your blood sugar level rather than bouncing up and down. Complex carbs help with that too rather than the spikes you get from simple sugars. There are lits if resources online that can help with blood sugar management. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have reactive hypoglycemia as well. My meals must be high fiber, low carb or else I am sick all day.
  • Options
    I have dealt with this on and off for most of my life. I agree with everyone else who said high protein low simple carbs/sugars. I keep protein bars and glucose gel in my car and bag for emergencies. It is really embarrassing to faint in public. Lol!

I try to make sure I get something with protein in it every two to three hours. It is a total pain when I am busy with two toddlers but the consequences are frankly dangerous otherwise.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It's a pain to deal with, but the consequences are way worse. I'll start incorporating more protein. What are some of your favs?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"