Cloth Diapering
Options

Converting sized side snaps to OS side snaps?

This may be a stupid question, so feel free to laugh at me if so.

I absolutely love side snap diapers because of the trim fit on my LO. I have sized blueberry ones and OS grovia ones. The blueberry ones are by far my favorite because the insert lays so much nicer. I always feel like I'm fighting with the grovia to get it flat. It got me thinking, couldn't I get the size large blueberry and add rise snaps to it to make it fit like a medium? I understand the waist would be larger, but I'm not concerned with that since my guy has a huge budda belly. My concern is with the leg openings. 

Am I crazy to think this would be possible? I want to order a few of their new prints next week, but hate the thought of spending the money on the sized ones that he will outgrow. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Converting sized side snaps to OS side snaps?

• Options
    It seems like a good idea to me. Aren't diapers usually reinforced around rise snaps with a second layer of fabric?
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Personally I wouldn't add snaps b/c you're probably going to lose value if you plan to resell them later. I'd definitely get some in the medium size and go from there. My 2 year old (50% weight, 75% height) can still wear Blueberry mediums with a snap or two to spare. I know you said your LO has a belly, but that can change a lot over the course of the diapering years.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Sound like I may be able to get a lot more use out of the mediums than I thought. I think I'll stick with them and save myself the hassle of trying to convert!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"