April 2014 Moms
Options

Cracking behind the ears...aquaphor?

I wash behind her ears every night during her bath but her skin is dry and cracking. Maybe I wash too much. I was thinking about using aquaphor. Yay or nay? I also have Cerave baby lotion. Should I use that? I know this seems like a no-brainer but I would like some opinions. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Cracking behind the ears...aquaphor?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    It's probably seborrheic dermatitis. All 3 of my babies had/have it. Head and shoulders twice a week will take care of it, as will a steroid cream. My kids have it in their ears as well :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    edited August 2014
    @kielpinskim‌

Ok. Really? Do you think I should leave it and let the doctor see it. We go on the 8th.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH is a pedi and that's what he recommends. It can't hurt to rub a bit of H&S (no menthol, just regular) on it during a bath and see if it helps. It usually starts clearing up by the next morning. If it's not completely gone after a couple days, I just do it again. It usually only takes 2 applications. It doesn't bother my kids if I leave it be, but some babies get itchy from it. Also, it can get oozy and stinky, so don't be alarmed if that happens before you treat it.
  • Options
    Great. Thank you!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    avidkeoavidkeo member
    edited August 2014
    DD started getting that, turned out I hadn't dried her ears properly. After a couple of days actually making sure I dried her ears properly, problem solved itself.

ETA sometimes it worth trying the simple soloutins first!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    I agree @avidkeo‌ and @mommyofmac‌ . I was going to wash less and try to moisturize first. But not drying properly makes sense too. If those don't work I might step up to the head and shoulders. I like knowing my options.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DS1 has mild eczema and gets dry behind his ears. I apply aquaphor once or twice a week and it keeps it moisturized well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"