1st Trimester

I think I'm miscarrying

I was going to introduce myself this weekend but I think Im having a miscarriage instead. I had several positive tests last weekend and am now about 4.5 weeks. I woke up to spotting last night and it has become a bit more than spotting. It's no longer pink but is bright red and I'm having mild cramps. I've never had a miscarriage before and really don't know what to expect. I know everyone's experience is different but I'm really at a loss right now and my husband and I are devastated to say the least. What were your experiences? What helped you recover and want to try again?
DH: 28 Me: 30~TTC #2 since June 2014
BabyFruit Ticker
BFP #1: 8/22/2014~EDD: 5/5/2015~CP: 8/29/2014
BFP #2: 12/27/2014~EDD: 9/9/2015

September 2015 Siggy challenge: Happy dance

Re: I think I'm miscarrying

• Thank you.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm very sorry. Some are ready to try again once their HCG levels are zero. That can take weeks. Follow up with your doctor to confirm the miscarriage & how he/she wants you to proceed with regards to your individual health.

Take care.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Don't count yourself out yet. I had spotting (brown then red) at 4, 6, 7, and 8 weeks. I'm now 10 weeks and my most recent ultrasound showed a wiggly, healthy baby. My doc said some people have spotting and I've always had cramping. He said not to worry unless you are having period level flow and passing clots. That being said, call your OB as soon as possible. They can tell you what they think. Try to stay positive!
  • Thanks for the encouragement and advice. Since writing this I've started passing small clots and it's now like a mild period. I go in to the OB Tuesday. This totally sucks but I'm glad it happened on a 3 day weekend and not at work.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Sorry you're going through this. Take care
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  

The TTCAL (Trying to Conceive After A Loss) board really helped me to recover emotionally during my 3 m/c's.  They are a very supportive group, but do be sure to lurk first and read the blog before you jump in and start posting!  Talk to your doctor and find out when s/he says you are physically ready to try again.  I've been there, and I know how hard it can be.  I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through this.  ((Hugs))

All that said, it is possible to spot a bit when you are pregnant, so definitely get checked out just in case.

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• kdhulingkdhuling member
    edited August 2014
    Women can spot and bleed for many different reason in their first trimester and it doesn't always necessarily mean it's a miscarriage. I would speak to your doctor and follow their advice as to what steps you should take. Good luck and fingers crossed it all works out for the best.

*edit I just saw your update about passing clots and seeing your OB on Tuesday. Still hoping for the best for you, so sorry you're having to deal with this :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I found that right after my losses I didn't really want to talk about them but then within a week or so I did and it made me feel a little better. I wanted to find ways to acknowledge the children we had lost so we named them and our hospital does a small service every few months for all babies that have been lost in that time frame which we attended. The biggest thing is taking time to grieve and to know that although the pain of your loss may never fully go away, it does lessen over time. Considering my age, I knew time wasn't on our side so we started trying again as soon as my doctor said it was okay too. I also needed something that I could control - trying to get pregnant - to take my mind off what I knew I couldn't - pregnancy. Good luck to you.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• itsmevkb said:

I found that right after my losses I didn't really want to talk about them but then within a week or so I did and it made me feel a little better. I wanted to find ways to acknowledge the children we had lost so we named them and our hospital does a small service every few months for all babies that have been lost in that time frame which we attended. The biggest thing is taking time to grieve and to know that although the pain of your loss may never fully go away, it does lessen over time. Considering my age, I knew time wasn't on our side so we started trying again as soon as my doctor said it was okay too. I also needed something that I could control - trying to get pregnant - to take my mind off what I knew I couldn't - pregnancy. Good luck to you.

Thank you for this. The sadness seems to be coming in waves. I'll be fine one moment and then weeping the next. I'm not sure Ill be ready to try again right away. It feels crazy to be so sad after only knowing a week but this was so longed for. Thank you for everyone's encouragement.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• If it feels just like your period (cramps and blood flow at the same time), it could be a loss. But it may not. There is a 50% chance of a healthy pregnancy if you bleed in early pregnancy.
    I lost at 5.5 wks before. After testing, my doc suggested we take a break for one cycle before trying again. My next cycle was also off. And then I got a BFP. Stay strong. As many people said before, one miscarriage does not predict anything about your future chances of getting and staying pregnant.
    Good luck! My best advice is: take it easy if you can and rest.
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. FX that everything turns out okay. I had a loss in December and the TTCAL board really helped me. ((((Hugs))))
    DH diagnosed with testicular cancer 6/04/10
    Married DH 8/1/11
    7/21/13 SA poor morphology/ low count
    BFP #1 11/18/13, EDD 7/22/14 
    MC Blighted Ovum 12/4/13 @ 7wks
    BFP #2 8/21/14, EDD 5/1/15 

All Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I know how devastating it can be and I think the other ladies covered everything I wanted to say.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"