February 2015 Moms
Options

Old Wives Tales : Gender

A lot of you ladies already know, but for some of us impatient girls.. It's fun to think of who may be in there!

So yesterday at a 1 year old party I was surrounded by women with phones out quizzing me to figure out if we are having a boy or girl. I'm not the superstitious/voodoo type but it was pretty fun to go through these :) I've included a list from theempoweredmomma.com but I'm sure you ladies know a million more.

Note: I do not stand by any of this!

#1. If you are moody, you are having a girl because of all the extra female hormones.

Breast assured they will get bigger
#2. It’s a girl if your left breast is larger than your right breast. It’s a boy if your right breast is larger than your left breast.
#3. Dark nipples are signs of a son.

Momma nose
#4. If you eat garlic and the odor seeps out of your pores, then you’re having a boy.

Constipation & frequent urination
#5. If your urine is bright yellow, it’s a boy. A dull yellow means a girl.

Where are my TUMS!!!
#6. If you experience heartburn or indigestion during pregnancy your baby will have a full head of hair.

#7. No morning sickness, it’s a boy. A girl if you were sick or nauseous during your pregnancy.

The doctor visit
#8. A heart rate over 140 beats per minute(bpm), it’s a girl. A boy’s heart beat is slower.

The Ravenous Beast
#9. If you crave salty foods it’s a boy. If you crave sweets then it’s a girl.

#10. If you eat the ends of bread, it’s a boy. If you eat the middle of the load, it’s a girl.

Is my husband pregnant or am I?
#11. If dad gains weight, it’s a girl. If his weight stays the same, it’s a boy.

What’s up with my skin?
#12. It’s a girl if you get acne due to the increased levels of the female charged hormones. A girl steals her mother’s beauty.

#13. If the linea nigra stops at the belly button, it’s a girl. If the linea nigra goes all the way to the bottom of the rib cage, it’s a boy.

#14. You got dry hands; it’s a boy.

#15. More hair on your legs than normal, count on a boy.

I’m leaking from where?
#16. If your nose gets bigger and wider, expect a boy.

Swelling
#17. If your nose swells, it’s a girl. Same pre-pregnancy nose, it’s a boy.

#18. If your face swells and gets rounder, it’s a girl. Long and narrow face, a boy.

#19. Cold feet, a boy

#20. If your legs get really big, means a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, a girl.

Clumsiness
#21. If you find yourself clumsier with pregnancy, it’s a boy.

#22. If you remain grounded and still in control of your body, it’s a girl.

Why does everyone feel the need to touch me?
#23. If you’re carrying low, it’s a boy. If you’re carrying high, it’s a girl.

#24. If you’re carrying in front, it’s a boy. All around your middle, it’s a girl.

Some fun tests
#25. Loop your wedding ring in a piece of thread and let it dangle over your belly. If the rings swings in a back and forth motion, it’s a girl. If the ring moves in a circular motion, paint the room blue.

#26. If you hold a necklace over your hand and it swings back and forth, it’s a boy. A circular moving necklace, stock up on the pink.

#27. When asked to show your hands and you immediately show your palm, it’s a girl. Palm down = a boy.

#28. If a toddler shows interest in you, you are having the opposite sex of the toddler. For example, a girl toddler expresses interest in you means you are having a boy.

Re: Old Wives Tales : Gender

• Options
    Well I'm having one of each, so I have a little of everything and throw it all off!!!
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I just read a study on #6. They said it can be true because of the increase of hormones. Guess my baby is going to be bald!!!
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The nurses where I had DD all asked me if I'd had heartburn b/c she was born with a full head of hair.  :)  I did have a lot of heartburn, but that could have just been a coincidence, so who knows.

I've also heard the whole "a girl steals your beauty" old wive's tale.  My friend shared that one with me b/c I told her my face was breaking out during the first tri, and she is positive that it's a girl.  ;)  I still think that this one is a boy. 
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary              Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    During my last pregnancy I did 20 of the old wives tales to let everyone guess the DS's sex. The results were 50/50 but it was fun. All old wives tales point to girl this time but I still think it's silly.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So silly :) but it was pretty fun. And yesterday it was some moms, some little girls and myself... Every time my answer pointed to "girl" the little girls around screamed and clapped. I'm probably 70% girl in my answers but I don't put any credence to it. We'll find out and I can't wait to see what the real reaction will be from everyone else because I 100% have no preference.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"