Help with an E boys name..

Hi all!!
We are wanting to stick with and E name for this baby boy
We have a 1 year old daughter named Ellie-Anne

Which Do you like best?
Emmett
Edison
Emerson
We want Thomas to be the middle name as it's my husbands middle which he uses as his first ;)

Or any other boys e names you like??

Re: Help with an E boys name..

• I like Edison. What about Eli? 
  • My favorite from your list is Emmett, but I don't care for how it runs together with the middle name of Thomas. Emerson would be my next choice.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Loading the player...
  • My nephews name is Everett!' Lol and yes I actually wanted Emerson for a girls name but my hubby kept saying it's a boys name.. Now that we are having a boy it's on the table but I don't know if I love it or not!!
  • I second Everett. I love that name! Emmet is good too!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Emmett is our favorite and is too don't think it is awesome with Thomas as a middle..
    My daughters middle is Louise as is mine so we thought it would be nice to keep!! I do think Emerson Thomas sounds great together!!
  • I like Eli and even Elliot but think they at too similar to Ellie! As we mostly call my daughter that..
  • I like Ethan and Elijah, though you're right that Elijah may be too close to Ellie.

Of the names you listed, Emmett is my favorite.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• My nephews name is Everett and he is the only other grandchild at the moment .. So unfortunately that one is out!! Still loving Emmett but would know what to do as a middle name as Thomas sounds odd to me
  • Thanks !! Ethen is nice too!! And I'm seeing a lot of people likin Emmett!!
  • My nephews name is Everett and he is the only other grandchild at the moment .. So unfortunately that one is out!! Still loving Emmett but would know what to do as a middle name as Thomas sounds odd to me
    Oh, you're right. It sounds kind of like Emma Thomas because of the two "T" sounds running together. Do you have another middle name option?

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Emmett or Ethan.
  • No.. Open to suggestions.. My hubby's first name is Norman and i don't really like Emmett Norman.. Lol
  • I do like Evan! Although we have a close fried with that name.. I should run it by my hubby!! Evan Thomas sounds good too!
  • I love Emerson, and also like Elliot a lot too.
  • oboeodooboeodo member
    edited August 2014
    I like Emmett!  I also like Edison, but not with Thomas.  I think he might get a lot of "your name should be Thomas Edison".

edit: typo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • From your list I like Emmett, but I agree that it doesn't sound great with Thomas.

I also love Evan (it's our top choice right now) and Ezra.
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• Ditto on Evan. My oldest nephew is Evan and his little brother is Elliot. My SIL did the same E name thing. Evan Thomas has a nice sound. So does El and Ev when you shorten them....but I am biased towards those names!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Evan

Easton

Elliott

• I like Elliot as PPs have suggested. My favorite out of the ones you listed is Emmett. I also like Eivan. Pronounced like Ivan. It's the name of a guy on Alaska The Last Frontier. Their family originated in Switzerland I believe. 
  • I don't think it really matters how the name sounds with the middle name. I mean, it matters a little but no one is going to call him "Emmett Thomas" except y'all when he's in trouble ;) We want to name our daughter Eileen and Elizabeth is the family middle name we're going with. Thats a lot of E's, L's, and I's, but no one will call her Eileen Elizabeth, except maybe us.
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• I love Ethan. That was my pick for a boy, but found out we're having a girl. Elliott is another favorite of mine.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Edward, Edmund, Ewan
  • I like Emmet :)
    We are naming our next son Ezra (if this pregnancy is a boy)! I love the name Ezra.
  • What about Thomas Emmet? And then call him Emmet

Enzo
    Emile
    Edward
  • Eric
    Elias
    Easton
    Errol
    Emric
  • I second & third the Evan vote!! I think it sounds much better with Thomas.
  • My hubby also isn't a fan but I do like it!!
  • Yeah lol that's what we call Ellie and her cousin Everett.. So it gets tricky lol
  • I love Easton !!!
  • We could but my husbands name is Norman Thomas and when he was little wanted to be called Thomas and hates having to correct anyone looking at important documents lol I wouldn't mind having a Tommy jr though!
  • I love Ezra!! Hubby not so much!! Men can be annoying!!
  • Eivan is so cool!! I have never seen this spelling but love it:)
  • You have a good point:) my middle name was supposed to be Elizabeth:) it's my moms middle name.. My dad talked her into Louise..
    Then when picking my daughters name I wanted Elizabeth but then started liking Anne ( my moms name is Joanne so that's how we did Ellie-Anne Louise ;) it's a big name but I like it!! It's funny how names evolve the more you think of them! We knew her name at 20 weeks I hope I can decide on this little guys soon I hate just calling him the baby lol
  • Haha I totally forgot about Emmett in twilight!! There was a guy on big brother canada named Emmett and he was our favorite lol
  • I'd use thomas as a first name. very very cute. Thomas is a nice strong first name and many middle names will sound good with it.

Thomas Elliot 

• Yes is think So too! We will have to see as Thomas isn't sure about naming him his name lol and he keeps saying he wants an e name. .. He makes it so difficult!!
  • I really like Edison but with Thomas and the whole "Thomas Edison" thing I'm not sure it's the best choice. That being said, when will you ever be calling him by his full name? Graduation is like the only time for me and there could be worse people to share a name with! Thomas Edison was a smart dude! :)
  • Ethan. Ernest.

Im liking the name enrico but it may not be your style

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • You have a good point:)
  • I love Ezra!! Hubby not so much!! Men can be annoying!!
    Same for us - I love it, he does not! I thought we had settled on Evan but once we found out baby is actually a boy, he decided he wants to keep looking. We have plenty of time, but it is frustrating when you don't have similar tastes.
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"