March 2014 Moms
Options

What do you use for baby Ezema??

My son is 5 months and has baby Eczema. The pediatrician has us using Eucerin. It helps on most of his patches but he has a severe patch behind his knee. It gets red and kinda blisters. Anyone else have a severe patch and if so what do you use? And what do you use for just regular Eczema???

Thanks so much

Re: What do you use for baby Ezema??

• Options
    Baby Aquaphor 4 or 5 times a day (use liberally). Dove soap for baths. We only give a bath every other day so LOs skin doesn't get any more dry than it already is.

If there is a bad flare up we give an eczema bath with the aveeno baby oatmeal eczema packet. Pediatrician said to use cortizone for bad flare ups but only in small amounts.

After a bath be sure to put on the Aquaphor or cortizone right after baby is dry to lock in moisture.

Eczema is a chronic, recurring condition so it comes and goes.
  • Options
    LO gets a dry patch behind his ears and the pedi recommended we use 1% hydrocortizone cream twice a day and it went away after a few days. Whenever it comes back I just reapply.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Doc prescribed hydrocortisone for DS1 at a year old because it wasn't clearing up at all.
    We used it until he got a skin infection, then continued through that. Once it cleared up we have just been using a moisturizing lotion (Vaseline Intensive Care lotion) over his entire body a few days a week.
    We will use the hydrocortisone if it gets really bad again.
  • Options
    Our pedi recommended vanicream.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've struggled with eczema my whole life. Best thing is to keep it moisturized - so as soon as LO is out of the bath, put on lotion or aquaphor. I've used eucerin and cetaphil personally with good results. LO has had some on her face and a little aquaphor has really helped.

TTC #1 Since 7/2011

Me: 30, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 38, Low Morph & DE
    Rx: Metformin 500mg

Cycle #1: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #2: Clomid 150mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #3: Clomid 150mg + Follistim + Ovidrel = No response, Canceled

Cycle #4: Femara 7.5mg + Gonal-f + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP!!!!

~ EDD 03.26.14 ~

• Options
    I personally don't have excema but I have very dry/sensitive skin. I use amlactin cream and it works really well.
  • Options
    Hydrolatum!!! Shit is amazing!
    You have to ask for it at the pharmacy but you don't need a rx!!
  • Options
    My LO gets red patches and our pedi recommended Aveeno baby eczema which helps a bunch! He also said to make his tub water slightly cooler (but still warm enough) and make sure the baths are fairly quick (5-10 minutes max) and this will help the skin not dry out as much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"