Baby Names

Back at the drawing board... baby girl #2 help?

Hey ladies! (and a few guys?)

I am looking for some insight and suggestions on naming our baby girl #2 due in Jan. I asked last week about Vivienne vs Charity and got some great feedback and suggestions. Charity is officially out, but after having a talk with my DH, we decided we just aren't quite ready to make it official with Vivienne. Our DD is Charlotte Elizabeth and we want a name that matches in feeling and style with out being to matchy matchy. Our current considerations are: Vivienne, Verity, Caroline, and Adelaide. 

Is Verity refreshingly different or just odd? Would Caroline be to similar to Charlotte for you? Also, if you have any mn suggestions for these I'd love to hear them.

Thank you for your time. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Back at the drawing board... baby girl #2 help?

• I like Verity. I vote for refreshingly different. And I don't think that Charlotte and Caroline are too close
    Love: 5.27.09
    Marriage: 6.15.13
  • I love Verity. It was on our shortlist. If your LO finds Verity too much, she can go by the more common "Vera" as a nn...
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Loading the player...
  • I do not like verity. It just sounds similar to charity which i don't like either.

I really think you should go with Vivienne. It compliments Charlotte so well.
  • I like Vivienne and Adelaide.

Verity is just nms, and Charlotte and Caroline together as first names make me think of Charlotte, North Carolina.

Vivienne Caroline, however, is absolutely gorgeous IMO.

• kbelly777kbelly777 member
    edited August 2014
    @Bookitboo I didn't even think of Charlotte, North Carolina! Geez. Also with them BOTH being forms of Charles, I think Caroline is officially out as a fist name. I like Vivienne Caroline though, thanks for the suggestion!

• I like Vivienne best, and it is lovely next to Charlotte.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like Caroline, but agree it's too close. Vivienne is beautiful and gets my vote.
  • Sorry but when I first read Verity I thought it was Verify. It also makes me think of rarity...

I love the name Adelaide!!
    "Will you be my Valentine?" 2/14/2004 "Will you marry me?" 7/4/2008 "Wanna get a cat?" 7/4/2010 TTC #1 since 2/2011 Me: 28 DH: 29 2 Cycles Femera, 4 IUIs, IVF#1 (BNF), IVF#2 (BFN).

• Verity isn't my cup of tea. Caroline and Charlotte are too close. I like Adelaide, but I love Vivienne!

Suggestions: Josephine, Beatrice, Theresa, Sybil, Bernadette.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Verity is different but I wouldn't say odd. I do think Vivienne and Adelaide go with Charlotte a little more. I think I like Adelaide best, Charlotte Elizabeth and...

Adelaide Jane
    Adelaide Victoria
    Adelaide Celeste

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I like Vivienne!

Pregnancy Ticker  

• Vivienne - Love - would be on my list if H was on board
    Verity - I don't really like it, although I wouldn't call it odd I guess it's just nms
    Caroline - very pretty, I don't think it's too close to Charlotte with the beginning sounds being different
    Adelaide - it's nice, not my favourite
  • Vivienne is my pick, obviously.
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Caroline is too close to Charlotte for me. I'm not a fan of Verity.

I really like Adelaide and Vivienne though!

• Yep, Caroline is out. Not because the sound is really that close to Charlotte (to me anyway), but because both Caroline and Charlotte are diminutives of Charles. Just seems weird to me now that I know that. My DH loves Verity. And I mean LOVES. It's not that I mind it so much. It has a pleasant sound, but I worry about confusion growing up and it really is nms. I guess I wanted to give it a fair shot because DH loves it so much. I'm really leaning towards Vivienne, truth be told. Although I want to think on Adelaide a little bit more before we decide.

Thanks for the input everyone! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"