February 2015 Moms
Options

Cramps and pressure

I recently got out of the shower and started getting light cramps, pressure on my clitorus area like I needed to urinate so I went and nothing.. Is that normal?? First baby! I'm about to be 16 weeks!

Re: Cramps and pressure

• Options
    It could be gas, the way the baby is positioned or even a uti. I remember feeling like that a lot in the 3rd trimester.

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    I get that off and on. Sometimes it can just be a result of of bloating either intestinal or uterine (including baby kicking down on your bladder.) It can also be uti or even yeast infection. I have been getting that feeling since the beginning. If it continues to happen, I say call your doc to see what they think might want to see you.
    Me = 34  DH = 37  DD = 15  DS = 13  Married since 6/21/13 
     Third pregnancy for me, first child for DH. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had that feeling one evening and it was the way the baby was sitting because my appointment was the next day and no infection. He said baby is so small it was probably perfectly positioned on my bladder. I had this similar feeling often in the 3rd tri with my first.
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and 1 day, and I've been feeling this since week 14. Its either gas, like a pp said, could be a uti though without some sort of painful urination I doubt it, but it could also be just muscles stretching and tightening as your baby grows. The latter is what I have determined to be the cause of my discomfort because I'll just move slightly, in the same direction I always do, and I'll slightly pull a muscle I never knew I had. Things happen. You probably just stepped out of the shower a little wrong and are feeling it in your cooter.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and I've been feeling this for awhile but I talked to my OB and she said it could be your uterus stretching, so I wouldn't worry about it and also just gas.
  • Options
    Is that what people call lightning crotch? I've never experienced it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's normal. Before I even knew I was pregnant I got cramps and lightning crotch! So painful and scary but it's just your uterus growing. I am now 17 weeks and me and baby are fine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"