August 2014 Moms

DD loves the Moby but DH is afraid to use it...suggestions?

I'm finding that DD will stay in the Moby with me for about 2 hours a day.

I've encouraged DH to try it with her but it's been 4 weeks and he has yet to touch it. He's actually said he doesn't feel comfortable because it's just a piece of fabric and is afraid he won't put it on right or she'll fall out. 

What do you think might be a good investment carrier that DH would like and that we could both use?

Re: DD loves the Moby but DH is afraid to use it...suggestions?

• Baby bjorn? I haven't actually used mine yet, but it seems sturdy enough. I feel the same way as your husband, but would feel comfortable using the bjorn.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• DH was the same with our first. He preferred the Ergo or Infantino Mei Tai.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Make sure to take your DH somewhere and have him try them on. I wasted a ton of money on carriers trying to guess what DH would use. In the end...he's never used any of them even once. He recently suggested he might like to use a sling...I nearly laughed in his face. This is our third child and I'm pretty much done on that score.
  • Have him watch you wear it to see its safe? I have the ktan and while I kinda felt the same way the first couple times wearing it, the more you wear it the more comfortable you get with it that baby won't fall out.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My DH was also all about buckles and loved the Ergo. You could also try Beco carriers (butterfly and soleil, I think are the models). Those two brands will last you much longer than the Bjorn. We carry 2-year-old DD comfortably in the ergo still. The Bjorn puts the weight of baby on your shoulders and gets uncomfortable after the first few months.
  • I love the Ergo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He tried on the Moby the other day at home! Thought it looked better on me and was a little frustrated putting it on. DH does like the idea of buckles. 

After reading reviews online my DH and I went to Babies R Us and picked out an Infantino Fusion Flexible Baby Carrier. It seemed similar to the Beco Gemini in it's style and function but at a fraction of the cost ($39 rather than $130). I have two friends with the Gemini and one said she would give me hers when they were done with it..but her LO is 2 and they will likely use it for a while longer. 

Already put DD in the infantino for a little while today and I like the ease of putting it on. Only complaint is the leg straps for smaller babies front facing are a little hard to button/unbutton. 

• I tried the moby, couldn't do it. It was way too complicated with the amount of fabric. We purchased a Beco Soleil when DS1 was a year old. It is amazing. All of the weight rests on your hips so it's very comfortable. We used it with him for about 6 months (would have been longer but then I got pregnant and couldn't use it). We then bought the infant insert and plan to use it for DS2. Our birth center gave us a baby k'tan and I have been loving how much more simple it is to use than the moby!
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"