August 2014 Moms

I Can't Reach My Beer

Venus04Venus04 member
edited August 2014 in August 2014 Moms
I was pumping away, and realized I couldn't reach my tasty beverage (Bud Light). It was my first adult beverage since giving birth, and as it turns out, I needed DH's assistance in keeping refreshed while pumping. My BFF told me she has wine at night (when she wants it) while pumping or BFing so it doesn't hit her milk until after. Not sure how solid this theory is, but I'll take it.

Have you gals starting boozing again? What's your drink of choice, and when do you indulge?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I Can't Reach My Beer

• Me! I had a Miller Lite last night, and a margarita wine cooler a few days ago! :) it was divine.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• My friends brought me a mojito to the hospital the day after LO was born! I felt like such a rebel. Lol I'm not BFing though so I've had a few already.
  • Loading the player...
  • MC03MC03 member
    I have a glass of wine a few days a week. It's amazing.

imageimage
  • I turned 21 while pregnant and totally keep forgetting that I can legally drink now. This post literally just reminded me lol mommy brain.  I've never had a chance to order a drink at dinner so I'll definitely have to remember to the next time we go out....I'm formula feeding though so that isn't an issue for me. Besides that I haven't drank in probably a year and one margaritta would probably do me in  :))
  • Shiva14Shiva14 member
    edited August 2014
    I've had a few already. My LC said to not drink until after a feeding and then wait at least 2 hours. But I've heard that you should do it while feeding/pumping too. I figure if I only have one it doesn't matter much when I have it, especially since I stretch it out...

ETA I've had some Newcastle, some elderflower hard cider and a nice Spanish blend so far (wine). Can't wait to splurge on a high end cab one of these days (I'm a bit of a wine snob, I used to bartend at a high end restaurant and H used to manage another one so we've been spoiled a little).
  • I've had a small glass of red wine the last few nights. It's amazing, I'm nursing, and not worried about it in the least.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Drinking a Yuengling and pumping now. Really wanted wine, but I wanted something cold more.
    x

• My LC with DD told me that theory too. Yesterday I had wine right before nursing and today I had a margarita while nursing.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've had a small glass of wine with dinner several times since DS was born. Usually it's in the middle of cluster feeding but I'm not that concerned since it's not that much.
  • I had a beer and a half tonight, thinking I had a couple hours before it was time to feed again. And then she woke up...

Luckily, the milk screen strips said I was still fine, so if nothing else, maybe it'll make her sleep through her fussy period tonight :)
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• I had a beer one night and then 2 margs on my anniversary. The margs gave me the worst hangover. Stupid cheap booze.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had a glass of wine and had an allergy type reaction. Red itchy raised bumps on my face, neck, and halfway down my arms. I felt subtle itching/Heat at the end of dinner and DH freaked out cause he could see the hives spreading from my face down. Took some benedryl and used some ice packscand was fine within a half hour.

Granted I would get flushed in reaction to alcohol prior to pregnancy but usually it was really subtle and if I had more than I should! Now I'm scared to try anything (for a while at least).

• camichalskicamichalski member
    edited August 2014
    I have had a few vanilla java porters. I went out to my favorite place where they fresh squeeze the limes for the margaritas. My DH had had to finish half of everything I got to drink! I just can't finish!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"