June 2013 Moms

Personality compared to you and LOs daddy

So now that they are really showing personalities, how does it seem LO is the same/different personality-wise as you and their daddy?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Personality compared to you and LOs daddy

• I'm 100% introvert and N seems to be very extroverted - she thrives around other people, her first word is "Hi!" And she is always telling strangers Hi! H is more extroverted than I am, but she still seems to be more so than him.

She is pretty adventurous and fearless, which I am too. I can see her doing gymnastics like I did.

She's also pretty chill and laid back and a major sleeper. She has slept past 10 am on more than one occasion. That's all from MH!
  • LO seems to be a mix of DH and I.  DH is an extrovert and functions well with strangers and crowds.  I'm totally the opposite.  LO is a little bashful when he first meets people, but generally a big old flirt and loves to ham it up with most people he meets after an initial warm-up period.

He has his daddy's ticklish neck and my love of fruits.  Overall, I do see more of DH in LO than I do myself, but that could just be my own observation bias.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • She's a nice mix. We are both very stubborn, and so is Lily. She is loud (that's me) and likes to examine everything to figure out how it works (H). Lily also tries to be a big girl in everything. I guess I was like that.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know that G is 90% me and 10% DH. He gets his intensity from DH. He is reckless and a daredevil with lots of energy which is all me.

Lo is 90% DH. He is laid back, cautious, curious, quiet and highly sensitive- all totally not me. The only thing that may be more me is his love of smiling and happiness, as DH can be moody and brooding at times.

• LO is probably 60% me and 40% DH. She's pretty chill and laid back like both of us but is dramatic and lacks patience which is DH. She's got my attitude and inherited how to give the side eye from me ;)

She loves to study toys which is more like DH and babbles a lot like DH. She has a little shyness which is from me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • L's a good mix I think with some of his own personality thrown in. So far he's an extrovert, wants to catch everyone's eye and smile and wave which really isn't either of us! But he's also stubborn like me and has his Daddy's temper at times. He also has his Daddy's curiosity about how everything works. 

The other day he was in the stroller on our way to daycare and he was waving and smiling at every single person who passed us by, like a little one baby parade, when someone would ignore him and not smile or wave back he'd give them the biggest side eye at the last second before they passed out of his view. I think that pretty much sums up my kid perfectly :)
  •  She knows what she wants and no substitutions will do. You have to force a smile out. She doesn't really care to be entertained, rather do her own thing. Grumpy when waiting to be fed.

100% me.

• Will is shy which he gets from me but ohhhhh so stubborn which is all Gary!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Benjamin is a pretty good mix. He's very active, like me, and loves to go out and do things. He studies things and is better about being gentle/careful like DH. 

Anniversary

• Pretty good mix of us- extremely outgoing - just like me especially when I was a kid. But he is very slow to frustrate- just like my H and he is super laid back- like both of us.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"