August 2014 Moms
Options

gassy LO?

Poor DS is as gassy as her brother was as an infant. She's super squirmy, draws her legs up, grunts. We burp, bicycle hee legs, give her gas drops, massage her tummy, lay her on her tummy. Any other tips to relieve the gas? She's EBF with some breastmilk bottles.

Re: gassy LO?

• Options
    You're probably already pretty religious about burping during/after feeding I'm guessing. A friend of mine recommended the "windi" to me after it helped her gassy DD get some relief. But...it's kinda gross and you often get pooped on. I've heard a rectal thermometer is also effective but couldn't bring myself to try it. Motherhood is so glamorous!
  • Options
    Could be something in your diet ... Have you tried cutting out dairy?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard chamomile tea helps for gas and colic. 1-2 oz is the recommended serving.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    we're struggling with this too but I think it's due to taking in air while nursing. I have oversupply issues and can hear LO gulping

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Vieve831 said:

we're struggling with this too but I think it's due to taking in air while nursing. I have oversupply issues and can hear LO gulping

Try nursing in a reclined position and use gravity to slow things down. I read this in a breastfeeding book and it has helped us. My LO is still gassy but he doesn't choke or gulp as much.
  • Options
    @mustangchick6504‌ Thanks for the tip! We're also having over supply issues, which is causing excess gas and excess spit up. We've seemed to get control of the spit up issue by burping her more and keeping her in an upright position for 15-20 minutes after a feeding, but she still seems incredibly gassy and her stomach is always incredibly full.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    Can you cut out foods that make you gassy like beans, broccoli, onions etc? They make baby gassy too.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The recline nursing helps.
    Also burp frequently. I've stopped waiting until she's done, and some feedings il burp her 3-5 times. As soon as she starts acting like she doesn't know what the nipple is for, I burp her lol.

Also, if they are super fussy, try a warm bath! We bath our dd in the sink and she always relaxes after/during. Sometimes she goes during bath. (Fun!) but the water totally calms her down. She generally poops within the hour. You also don't have to use soap each time, if you are worried about skin reaction. Plain old warm water works great. Then give a lotion massage after to really relax your were one :)

Lastly- I haven't tried the foot points yet, but I forgot I came across this pic a while ago, and found it today!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"