Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Trying for 2 years with my Fiancé.

:-S it has been a little over 2 years that my Fiancé and I have been trying. He has some family members with infertility but we are so terrified to go and get checked out and then be told for sure that we cannot have children. So I am here to ask; do any of you have any advice on maybe how to get this show on the road? What are some things we can be doing to increase our chances to become pregnant?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    You should definitely make an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist. He will come up with the testing and treatment plan. It's unlikely that he will test you and then determine that there is a 0% possibility of you having children. We also did not get pregnant with two years of unprotected sex. But after one iui with the doctor we did get pregnant and had our first baby. Good luck!
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    As PPs have said, after 2 years of unprotected sex, seeing an RE immediately is the right decision. It will be hard, and so scary, but it will definitely be less painful than wondering what might have been.

Married 9/2007
    TTC #1 since 1/2014
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Sep14: 7DPO testing for short LP - low progesterone (4.9ng/mL)
    Sep14: DH SA - low motility (3-)
    Oct14:  repeat 7DPO testing - low progesterone (1.8ng/mL)
    Oct14: tv u/s with OB - "beautiful uterus," no cysts, offered Clomid, no thank you
    Current DX: weak ovulation/low progesterone with MFI
    Oct14: RE consult
    Oct14: CD3bloodwork - elevated AMH (5.1ng/mL)
    Nov14: HSG (all clear)
    IUI#1 Nov14: 5mg letrozole + IUI = bfn
    IUI#2 Dec14
  • Options
    I have no experience, but I wanted to stop in to wish you luck moving forward. Other posters are right that taking your basal body temp in the mornings & trying to isolate your fertile window can give you a better chance.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Buy the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" it will tell you what to do with the temps you're taking.
    This signature is all for YOU. I'm on mobile and can't see crap.
    MMC EDD: 1/5/2015  D&C: 5/31/14
    MC    EDD: 4/21/15 Lost: 8/24/14
    BFP for my Rainbow!! 11/6/14
    EDD: 7/20/15

• Options
    I'm in a similar situation. It's very stressful but it will be nice to have answers. Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"