June 2013 Moms

Middle Name "Help"

edited August 2014 in June 2013 Moms
This is mainly because I'm bored and want to get outside opinions. Who knows what we will actually decide. A little background: our sons initials are ij. We have names picked out for one girl and one boy. Ef for the initials of the next boy and cd for a girl. It's all alphabetical :)

For our second we have the first name: Cadence. And the middle name we haven't decided on. Either Danielle or Deborah. We like Danielle cuz it sounds better, but my husbands grandmas name is Deborah.

I wouldn't want to name her after his grandma just cuz I don't really like naming people after someone else. Plus for me it'd feel more like a coincidence then naming our kid after someone. But for my husband he'd definitely name her after his grandma, but he likes the way Danielle sounds. Sooo I just want to get an idea of what non family members would say :)

Me and Zech

Middle Name "Help" 66 votes

Danielle
48% 32 votes
Deborah
24% 16 votes
A different "D" name...
27% 18 votes

Re: Middle Name "Help"

• Ooo! Love the option for Delilah!!!!

Me and Zech

• I voted Danielle

You can do what we did and just not give her a middle name. Lol
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a fan of keeping family names. KJ's middle name was DH's maternal grandmother's name.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • +1 for family names, Tyler's middle name is Conrad after my grandmother, Constance.
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • I'll be the oddball. If you aren't feeling the naming her after the grandma, then don't. I think you should both be on board. And, if IJ wasn't named after anyone, it could make it seem like CD's name is more special later. DD1 has my middle name, and DS has a family middle name. Poor DD2 just has a name. Now, even though I love her name, I feel badly that we didn't try and find a "meaningful" name for her. She is so middle child all over the place. While I don't mind using a family name, I'm more on Team Both parents should be totally on board.

Also, I like Cadence Delilah :)

• I love the name Delilah! Some hoochie kinda ruined it for me in high school but I still love it!

• I like the name Deborah better than Danielle.

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"