Nurseries and Baby Gear

Gift for $125 - what to get?

Hi, I'm popping over from Feb15 to get your advice, please.

My husband's office wants to buy us a baby gift (it is a thing they do and they're all chipping in). They emailed me and asked me what we would like, and the budget is around $125.

Since we're not due for a long time I haven't even thought about baby stuff and TBH I'm a terrible shopper (I've never liked shopping).

So, what would you ask them to get you? Or what was the best gift you got, or you've given?

Re: Gift for $125 - what to get?

• FTM here due Dec14, so I'm not an expert yet but...based on the stuff I know I'll need for sure, how about: 

3) Baby carrier? I think Ergo might be in your price range..We registered for Baby Bjorn One...

Hope this helps!
  • Baby swing
    Pack n play
    baby carrier- stay away from baby bjorn.
    Infant car seat'
    baby monitor

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • I would do a Ergo baby carrier, or a Boba carrier.
    I have both and absolutely love both.  I have never owned or used a bjorn.
  • If they really want soecific suggestions, I would think of a nice version of an item that you wouldn't ordinarily buy yourself, like a BabyBjorn bouncer seat or Pottery Barn bedding or a designer diaper bag or something. Those kind if things are fun to give as gifts, plus you know you'll wind up with all the rest of the necessities one way or another.
  • crib mattress (non-spring, foam) with a few basic fitted sheets ... that is assuming you're planning on doing a crib. It is a standard size, definitly something you'd get use out of almost every day, and is something that will last a long time. Agree about the rock n play, or maybe a mini cosleeper (king sized pillow cases work as the bed cover by the way on that) from Arms Reach.

The expensive swings I'd skip because only used for short time and can find less expensive ones. Things like carriers & pack n play are better to get yourself after baby is born since that is when you have a better idea of your child's size and you can figure out what your exact needs are (i.e. my daughter was too small for the carriers in the beginning, we didnt use one until she was about 5months and we are now on a 3rd carrier. We got one as a present & have never used it because was so overwhelming when she was itty bitty).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"