September 2014 Moms
Options

Am I in labor?

We haven't had one of these in awhile, so I thought I would ask.
So I just waxed my eyebrows, and now I am having pressure waves around them that are every 2-3 minutes apart. I am afraid that the pain is actually contractions that are being reflected from my uterus and is just appearing in my forehead.
I looked on Google and found some women on the baby center that had posted the same symptoms before. What should I do? Anyone with similar symptoms?

*Joking! One more day ladies before a long weekend, and with this long weekend it will finally be September!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I in labor?

• Options

Too funny. Eyebrow waxing hurts! That's why I have been too chicken to
    Try it in *ahem* other places... Oh well. Thanks for the laugh. And who knows? If gas pains can radiate to your shoulders maybe you can have contractions in your face ;)

Haha, word. I have to brace myself when I wax my 'stache and sideburns. Can't imagine doing that to my lady bits
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lol, this is the best. I was hoping I'd get a good laugh out of a thread with that title. This did not disappoint.

But now I wonder- with the "pressure waves" being around your eyebrows, if your pupils start dilating, is that also a reflection of your cervix dilating? ;-)

Hahaha, hadn't even thought about dilation in that way. That is great!
  • Options
    kmbk27 said:
    How much pineapple have you eaten in the last 72 hours? If it is anywhere between 4 bites and 1.5 whole pineapples your baby is probably crowning, and I recommend giving your doc a call. Or Jimmy Johns. They are freaky fast, and and a hamie sandwich will give you some stamina for the pushing that will come shortly. :) Thanks @kaleb87‌! After a few solid hours of homework, I needed this thread. Holy shit, ladies - it's almost S14 FO REALZ.
    May I ask what's so special about Jimmy Johns? We just got one near here and looking at the menu, I don't see anything that great. Is there a special sauce or a bread?
    We usually go to DiBella's if we want a special sub...they make their own bread and their oil dressing is fantastic.
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Options
    kmbk27 said:
    How much pineapple have you eaten in the last 72 hours? If it is anywhere between 4 bites and 1.5 whole pineapples your baby is probably crowning, and I recommend giving your doc a call. Or Jimmy Johns. They are freaky fast, and and a hamie sandwich will give you some stamina for the pushing that will come shortly. :) Thanks @kaleb87‌! After a few solid hours of homework, I needed this thread. Holy shit, ladies - it's almost S14 FO REALZ.
    May I ask what's so special about Jimmy Johns? We just got one near here and looking at the menu, I don't see anything that great. Is there a special sauce or a bread?
    We usually go to DiBella's if we want a special sub...they make their own bread and their oil dressing is fantastic.

I don't get the jimmy johns love but I may be spoiled because we have publix here and their subs are the best!!
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    megs2011megs2011 member
    edited August 2014

Woot woot long weekend!! And I have a massage booked for Saturday. Can't wait!

PS thanks, now I want pineapple at 1145pm :P And I can eat tons now because I'm full term on Monday and its time to start inducing!! ;)

(of course I kid, 39 weeks is still 2 weeks from Monday)

ETA can't type apparently

• Options
    I'm laughing so hard my side hurt. This is the best!
  • Options
    I don't understand the Jimmy Johns appeal, I'll be at wawa. Bye Felicia

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options

kmbk27 said:

How much pineapple have you eaten in the last 72 hours? If it is anywhere between 4 bites and 1.5 whole pineapples your baby is probably crowning, and I recommend giving your doc a call. Or Jimmy Johns. They are freaky fast, and and a hamie sandwich will give you some stamina for the pushing that will come shortly.

:) Thanks @kaleb87‌! After a few solid hours of homework, I needed this thread. Holy shit, ladies - it's almost S14 FO REALZ.

JJ is good when I'm in the mood for it, and I like the fact that they deliver. In fact, they are the only sub place around us that delivers, I think, hence my reason for using them in my post. Otherwise nothing too special, though I do like their bread.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Options
    Jimmy Johns is actually terrible. My friend from Michigan dragged me to one last year when it opened here. I was so annoyed because she was so amped on how delicious it was going to be. It was probably the worst sandwich I've ever eaten.
  • Options

Oh Wawa, how I miss Wawa!!! :( I grew up with Wawa right across the street now I live in MD and the closest one is across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge with a $6 toll to get back, I'm just to cheap and lazy for that shit! Although now I really want a Carmel coffee and a sizzle or the awesome egg white hoagies they make!

Is wawa a good idea before going to get weighed at an appointment? Hmmmm probably not :(

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options

Oh Wawa, how I miss Wawa!!! :( I grew up with Wawa right across the street now I live in MD and the closest one is across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge with a $6 toll to get back, I'm just to cheap and lazy for that shit! Although now I really want a Carmel coffee and a sizzle or the awesome egg white hoagies they make!

Is wawa a good idea before going to get weighed at an appointment? Hmmmm probably not :(
    I just did!
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kmbk27 said:
    There are better sub places than JJ, but I do love their veggie sub. Tons of provolone and they have this delicious avocado spread. I agree the bread is meh, and I haven't cared for any of their other sandwiches that I've tried. But I could probably eat their veggie sub once a week.

• Options
    Y'all wouldn't hate on Jimmy John's so much if Drew Brees or Jimmy Graham delivered your sandwich... :x

• Options
    @camichael84‌, I still crave that veggie sub, and I'm so not a vegetarian. That is a reason to go to JJ. I agree that the other sandwiches are a bit underwhelming. I loved JJ in college because they were cheap and had super-fast delivery. I wish I lived closer to one. I would eat the crap out of that sandwich post-delivery.
  • Options
    I'm right with you, @slowmo. I'm not a vegetarian by any means, but I wouldn't even consider any other sub from JJ than the veggie. I hardly get it anymore because we don't live near one any more either. There is one right next to the hospital that I'm delivering at. So, there is that. :)

• Options

Yes! My wawa addiction is redic. Between there being 21 wawas in a 5 mile radius to my house (one being on my block) and SO being a manager at wawa, I am there all the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"