Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Sperm Issues (XP from TTCAL)

Hi Ladies!

I'm from TTCAL, and I have a question that I hope is okay to ask here. I'm not quite sure how to post here. I don't want to upset anyone so I will just warn that there are losses mentioned in this question.

I was speaking to a friend of mine who is ttcal but not part of this board. She has had 2 losses. She recently had an MRI of her uterus and everything came back perfect.  All of her blood work (not sure of all the tests) had come back fine as well. Her RE stated that he wanted to do another SA on her husband (DH has 2 kids from a previous marriage, and one previous SA that was fine). Well the results came back today and they were as follows:

66.9% million sperm per ejaculation 
30% motility
55% malformed
remaining 45% are normal

I know NOTHING about sperm issues. I have been trying to talk to her all evening, but I thought that I should do some research on the subject. I hopped on here and searched the board, and found some good information from older threads. I guess I just trust you guys a lot more than some random stuff I find on the internet. 

Does anyone have any experience with this?  

What did your RE recommend as treatment? 

Did the treatment help the sperm count/motility?

I feel so awful for them as they're not seeing their RE for a whole month! I'm trying to put together an email for her to give her some information. Ugh. I hate when people I care for get sad news 

TIA ladies! I apologize if my posting here has upset anyone or is frowned upon!  PLEASE let me know if this is inappropriate.
 Sending you all big hugs! :D

Re: Sperm Issues (XP from TTCAL)

• Options
    I have limited experience but heres what I got. I am not sure on our numbers but with motility my RE said my husbands numbers were low normal. They wanted us to do an IUI but with timing of that cycle and the lab tech being out of town we could only do an ICI (inner cervical insemination). We did a trigger shot in the morning, an ici that evening and then had sex the next few days and some miraculous way it worked.
    Me- 27 w/PCOS     DH - 28
    TTC since December 2012 
    BFP 6/29/2013 - EDD 3/16/14 - MMC 9/5/2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS and taking metformin 750 mg  twice a day
    April 2014 -  - 1st ICI Cycle - BFP 5/15/14 EDD: 1/20/15
    A/S 8-22-14 - Its a BOY!!
    12/15 Checkup & heard his beautiful heartbeat
    ALL WELCOME -
    imageimage

• Options
    I'm sorry for her losses. My DH has sperm issues too. I hope she gets some answers. 
    DH diagnosed with testicular cancer 6/04/10
    Married DH 8/1/11
    7/21/13 SA poor morphology/ low count
    BFP #1 11/18/13, EDD 7/22/14 
    MC Blighted Ovum 12/4/13 @ 7wks
    BFP #2 8/21/14, EDD 5/1/15 

All Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had fewer issues but he went on Theralogix vitamins and then we got pregnant. Perhaps they want to research that? They have a motility formula, its expensive.....
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"