Cloth Diapering
Options

My friend registered for CDs!!

A friend of mine has cloth on her BRU registry!! I'm so excited! So now the question is, would it be tacky of me to order what she wants through another retailer like Nicki's? (I also need a couple more Snappis and some CJ's.) Or should I just go ahead and buy through BRU?

Re: My friend registered for CDs!!

• Options
    Yeah. It's fine to buy it somewhere else.  If someone else buys the same thing off the registry, she can always return it if she doesn't want more than one.
  • Options
    I love it when I see a friend is using or going to use cloth!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If she needs to exchange something, won't she be able to do it at BRU as long as it's the same thing & on her registry? I'd buy from where you want like SAK said.
  • Options
    Buy from where you want. I had a few people do that, and they just told me so I could take something off my registry if I wanted. It's not like its a secret who buys what with an online registry, so its no big deal. 
  • Options
    As long as it's the same thing she registered for, I'd say go for it.  But my FIL bought the step down and a different color of the stroller we registered for from some store online.  Their return policy was crap, it would have cost more in shipping to return it than it was worth.  And no one else carried that model so we couldn't return it anywhere else either.
    But for diapers?  As long as it's the same kind I say do it.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    You could always buy somewhere else and then call and tell BRU that you forgot to have the item marked filled on your friend's registry.  I've done it before.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you purchase online, it's pretty simple for her the return or exchange things (I've exchanged a gift from Nicki's before).

Get it from Nicki's.
  • Options
    Newborn covers! Even if she dosent use cloth in the newborn stage she can use the covers over the sposies to contain the explosions. I would get super cute stuff she can't find at BRU, she has shown an interest in cloth, now you have the chance to blow her mind with AWSOME cloth!
  • Options
    Mapleme said:

What about getting her a a super cute OS cover (I'm thinking about my Albert Flip at the moment), a sizeable NB diaper like a P&N and an accessory (like a cute print wetbag)? That way you are getting her some variety for different aspects of cd life.

I love this idea! I think Nickis had PW on sale at the moment, too, so you could pick up a wetbag for a good price. And the new P&Ns are awesome with the double leg gussets :-)
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so jealous! None of my friend's have CD'd despite me touting how awesome and easy it is.  Probably because DH then acts like an asshole and goes on about how awful it is, even though he knows it isn't true and is only mad because he didn't get a say in it. I swear that man would cut off his nose to spite his face.
  • Options
    Yay! This sounds like a fun shopping problem to have. The hardest part is resisting buying too much, right? 

I agree that it is totally fine to buy from wherever is convenient for you. And most online registries have a way to indicate that you're buying the item even if you aren't buying it from them, don't they?. I'm 100% sure Amazon's registry has this. 

Also, I'm selfishly excited you're excited for your friend because I put CD stuff on my registry and I hope someone thinks that is fun. 
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"