February 2013 Moms

UO/rants

2»

Re: UO/rants

• ally2011 said:
    @jesuisfatiguee - I have a picture of my dd and I with our House representative lobbying for a bill to support human trafficking efforts on behalf of the International Justice Mission when she was maybe 6ish months old.  We need to do more of that, I have slackened up as of late in my volunteer stuff, etc.  

This made me chuckle, because it sounds like you were actually supporting human trafficking itself, rather that supporting efforts to end it.  But I know what you meant. ;-)  On a related note, there is a job title at the county where I work of "child abuse coordinator."  Also not nearly as bad as it sounds, they do not coordinate child abuse, but rather act as an advocate for child abuse victims.

@kleigh926 - All else being equal, I'd have still picked breastfeeding for the sole purpose of it being cheap and convenient.  Having to wash pump parts like twice a day was awful enough, so the thought of having to wash all those bottles makes me want to stab my eyes out.  Yet I cloth diaper and don't bitch about having to wash those.  Maybe I could stomach FF if I used disposable diapers?  But that's soooo much more expensive than cloth.  My cheap side and my lazy side are really in opposition to one another, I guess is what I'm getting at. ;-)

Oh, and I don't know how late I'll be able to stay up, but I'll be doing my library thing til 9 EST tonight, so I'll be at a computer for most of the next 3 hours, as long as things don't get too crazy here.  I've been not very active this past week because we have a new employee at work and I've been training him in the super exciting ways of hotel tax audits, so I'm actually kind of excited to have time to hang out here if anyone else is around!

• luxannie said:

That's terrible @tamarar5‌! Does he need to be quarantined to keep him away from the new baby?!?

I'm doing the best I can to keep him away, but unfortunately, he was using and hugging all over her before he started showing spots or a fever, so it's a toss up now. :(
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • I wanted to pop in to clarify that I am also sad a Dubs left and hope she will check back in but that was under different circumstances so I didn't mention her in my original post. But she is definitely missed too! Oh, and Teach!

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Rant time, I have had a migraine since Sunday. DS has an ear infection, plus is getting over an allergic reaction to a gerber cross contamination. I called Comcast, because on demand wasn't working, and now none of the channels work. If DS wakes up at 3 again tonight, I may be to insane. On a positive note, I is 7:30 and BOTH of my children are sleeping!!

I haven't read the thread yet, but must second @Sagen.  He is a silver fox.   
  • Sagen said:

I think states should govern themselves more, and less federal government. I think Mitt Romney is a silver fox :) That's as much as I will contribute to that debate.

totally agree with the more states rights..not so much the Romney party. I will say this on paper in definitely more right. Like fundamentally I would like to see a smaller national government. But in reality all the parties make me angry...seriously these are the people making decisions

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• ally2011 said:
    I don't think I want to know what a skin coat is.  It is conjuring up a lot of terrible images frankly :)
    It puts the lotion on the skin?? Haha sorry, I had to.

My UO: I have not liked a single presidential candidate since I've been old enough to vote. Therefore, I am now almost 25, and I have never voted. And I don't regret it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• ally2011 said:

Sagen said:

ally2011 said:

I am sad that wifeofadam and peanut1 left and I wish they would come back and no grudges be held on any side.  In the threads that blew up several people said very ugly things about or to other posters here and I think the "what she said was the worst" or "well she was emotional", etc. etc. is really unfortunate....and not true, it was all bad.  Several people were nasty on those threads and I wish that it could all be forgiven and forgotten and that they would be welcomed back here.  Both were long time posters and the you (general you) personally agree with them on issues or not, they often added value and insight to posts that I for one miss.

I think the Peanut part would be an U/O. I thought what she said was OTT, and catty with her GBCG. 

In the posts before hers she was called a bully and implied b___ch, jumped on for defending WOA, and then made fun of for having her cabinets redone like she is an elite snob.  I thought all of that was OTT too.  That's my point, it was ALL nasty and unfortunate and I wish it would be forgotten and they both be welcomed back.  

ETA - I did go back to re-read, I didn't actually remember all of that.  I like everyone here so am not trying to pick on anyone, I thought it was all bad and wish we could all just make up and be happy again

darnit.  

Ugh, why am I engaging? I don't know.

Peanut called herself a bitch. In her siggy. No one called her a bully. She called BBB a bully, and I remarked that I thought it was ironic to call someone else a bully when you personally call yourself a bitch.

My UO is I don't see how bringing up old board drama is supposed to make people want to come back and sing Kumbaya. It sure doesn't make me want to come around more. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, because you can say all you want that "everyone was in the wrong" (which they were), but the only person you're defending here is Peanut.

The cabinet comment was taken out of context, too.

My other UO is that if people want to leave, then let them. I'm not going to beg anyone to come back. People leave for many reasons, not all of which are related to the board. Hey, I don't come around very often anymore. This just may be my last post.

Dubs and Drea were my tribe. That's no secret. They're gone. I respect that, though. They had their reasons to leave and take a step back from the board. I think it's cool to let them be and focus on themselves. I still talk to dubs pretty much every day via other forms of communication because she's my friend. I guess if it bothers you that much that someone is gone, connect with them and talk to then outside of the board. But let them have their peace.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Sagen said:
    ally2011 said:
    I am sad that wifeofadam and peanut1 left and I wish they would come back and no grudges be held on any side.  In the threads that blew up several people said very ugly things about or to other posters here and I think the "what she said was the worst" or "well she was emotional", etc. etc. is really unfortunate....and not true, it was all bad.  Several people were nasty on those threads and I wish that it could all be forgiven and forgotten and that they would be welcomed back here.  Both were long time posters and the you (general you) personally agree with them on issues or not, they often added value and insight to posts that I for one miss.
    I think the Peanut part would be an U/O. I thought what she said was OTT, and catty with her GBCG. 

In the posts before hers she was called a bully and implied b___ch, jumped on for defending WOA, and then made fun of for having her cabinets redone like she is an elite snob.  I thought all of that was OTT too.  That's my point, it was ALL nasty and unfortunate and I wish it would be forgotten and they both be welcomed back.  

ETA - I did go back to re-read, I didn't actually remember all of that.  I like everyone here so am not trying to pick on anyone, I thought it was all bad and wish we could all just make up and be happy again darnit.  
    Ugh, why am I engaging? I don't know. Peanut called herself a bitch. In her siggy. No one called her a bully. She called BBB a bully, and I remarked that I thought it was ironic to call someone else a bully when you personally call yourself a bitch. My UO is I don't see how bringing up old board drama is supposed to make people want to come back and sing Kumbaya. It sure doesn't make me want to come around more. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, because you can say all you want that "everyone was in the wrong" (which they were), but the only person you're defending here is Peanut. The cabinet comment was taken out of context, too. My other UO is that if people want to leave, then let them. I'm not going to beg anyone to come back. People leave for many reasons, not all of which are related to the board. Hey, I don't come around very often anymore. This just may be my last post. Dubs and Drea were my tribe. That's no secret. They're gone. I respect that, though. They had their reasons to leave and take a step back from the board. I think it's cool to let them be and focus on themselves. I still talk to dubs pretty much every day via other forms of communication because she's my friend. I guess if it bothers you that much that someone is gone, connect with them and talk to then outside of the board. But let them have their peace.
    That's fair enough.  I read it differently and apologize for misinterpreting what you were saying.  I think there was a lot of misunderstanding on that thread which lead to it blowing up.  I wasn't specifically trying to just defend one person, I was responding to a post that specifically addressed her goodbye post.  I said everyone was in the wrong and that everyone was lashing out in anger.

I hope you are joking about leaving, even though we probably don't see eye to eye on a lot (I am after all one of the rare conservatives to come out of Chapel Hill), I still enjoy chatting with you here and hearing your perspective on things.

I truly didn't mean to call you out specifically, and am sorry that is how it came across.  My only point was there was a lot of mud slinging in that thread and I am sorry it resulted in 2 people, whose participation I enjoyed, leaving.  

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Wait, is Dubs KU? Is that why she's posting on another BMB?
    WE NEED TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS. STAT!

• I stalked her and now know the answer.  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @sagen I sent you a PM. I think you usually bump from mobile so I wanted to make sure you saw that!

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Me too! I wanna be knocked up!! I haven't been officially trying as long as Tarheel so I can be patient but I want a baby squishy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I saw all the new posts and I was like, holy crap on a cracker, what now?!  ;-)

But I agree with all of the above.  I don't have a tribe (or, at least I don't think I do), but I enjoy pretty much everyone.  And I love-hit sporadically because I get caught up in the story of the thread and forget. 

• @seadragon2013‌ car seats for the littles scares me too- but some of the postings are too nutty to not read.

As for the drama, I lurk a lot but that's because I feel like I am not good at being anonymous so I try not to post. I miss the peeps who left for the most part; I won't name names.
    Tarheel- don't stay away! I am not KU and am not trying. My LO is enough! I avoid the preg and baby talk but for other reasons. We can talk about whatever else you want. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"