Infertility
Options

Dislike my nurse...

I'm going to an RE at a larger clinic that is out of state and doing local monitoring. So most of my contact with my nurse so far has been via email. I feel like it's so hard to get feedback from her and her responses are always so brief and almost harsh. I'm sure she's super busy but I guess I was hoping for a more positive interaction. I'd heard such wonderful things about this clinic and how caring they are. I start my stims on Sunday and I tried contacting her yesterday with a couple questions because she really just sent me my protocol and never went over any of it. And I got an email response that she's out until next Wednesday. Maybe my expectations are too high but I thought if she's going to be out for several days, a little notice to your patients is nice. I love the doctor and my out of state liason. But I'm thinking if we need to do additional IVF cycles, maybe requesting a new nurse. I've been so excited about this whole process and very positive, but she's the only negative.

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.

Re: Dislike my nurse...

• Options
    Did she not have an alternate contact in her out of office reply? If you're starting on Sunday and have questions now, I'd contact the clinic and ask to speak to a different nurse. Even if it's not "urgent", you might just get somebody that you mesh with a little better :) No reason you can't request a different nurse now, right?
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Options
    That's frustrating! My clinic's nurses forward their email to their backup nurse so someone always replies within a few hours.
    TTC #1 since 2011 · Me (35, PCOS, AMA, abnormal eggs) and DH (47, MFI)
    2012-2013: 3 Clomid cycles, 3 IUIs, all BFNs
    IVF #1 January 2014: 14R/12M/9F 1 transferred, 3 frozen = BFN
    FET #1 March 2014: 1 transferred = BFFN · FET #2 May 2014: 2 transferred = BFFN
    IVF #2 June 2014: 24R/11M/10F 6 PGS tested: 1 normal embryo, 1 with no result
    FET #3 in March 2015: 2 transferred = BFFN
    imageimageimageimageimage
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She did leave the main office number and I was able to speak with another nurse this morning, who was very helpful.

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.
  • Options
    I totally understand you... I don't like my nurse either.. She doesn't talk much and I am paying a lot for this treatment, so I expected more from them... My RE is nice, their coordinator is great but my nurse is too brief and sometimes I feel like she is rushing me  :-S

TTC since May 2013, w/ RE since July 2014

Me: 33 Poor responder, Low AMH
    DH: 32 Severe MFI 
    09/2014 IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 2 immature eggs
    11/2014 IVF #2 - Micro Flare Lupron - 3 immature eggs
    Please forgive my writing mistakes, english is my second language.
    imageimage

• Options
    Thank for the input everyone! I totally appreciate the work nurses do. I know they do a lot of the crappy work no one else wants to do and they're super busy. I just had high expectations from what others had told me about their experiences at this clinic, and marianass I agree, we're paying a lot for this treatment so we expect more. I'd just appreciate a little more communication and understanding from her. Especially being an out of state patient, I don't get the one-on-one a lot of the other patients get where they're able to drop by and ask questions, or see her at every apptmt.

• Options
    I would definitely see if there is another nurse you can contact.  I have a nurse assigned to me (that I love), but if she isn't available I can call in and speak to any of the nurses and they are more than happy to answer my questions.  I did a cycle out of town and it did make me appreciate how responsive my nurse is.  Fortunately I had already done enough cycles that I didn't have a lot of questions, so having an inattentive nurse wasn't a big issue.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    I primarily stay in touch with my nurse by email. Her responses are short but are always quick and friendly. I don't expect her to let me know when she's going to be out because I expect that she has many patients but even if she's out for a day, she has an out of office reply with the name of the person covering for her and emails are also forwarded to her replacement who always responds promptly. I kind of like receiving responses by email because I don't doubt myself about dosages and instructions! Can you ask to be reassigned? I left my first clinic partially because I hated one of the nurses and could not avoid her. Good luck!
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • Options
    I'm really wondering if we have th same nurse. She just doesn't respond! After my last day of BCP, I had my monitoring appointment for baseline US and labs. I had asked her to send in my scripts to the pharmacy so that I could inventory and make sure I was all ready. This nurse assured me that the pharmacy will deliver over night and not to panic. So I had my appt last Wednesday,,told that I could start follistim and menopur Saturday night. Nurse assured me everything was ordered. I called pharmacy, gave them credit card, etc. paid 75$ for,over night delivery. Meds came Friday afternoon, no follistim. Nada. So I called the nurse on call Saturday morning, she said that my regular nurse never sent in the rx for the follistim! Only the menopur and trigger and lupeon, so here I am supposed to be starting stims and it's the weekend and nothing, thank god one of my cworkers had some left over and have me 1200 mg. come Monday morning, I go in for first monitoring appt and she was running late that day. So I left a message, come 2pm she still didn't call back. I'm going crazy!
    Me- 35 Dx endo; DH- 33 no probs.
    BFP#1 (totally a wonderful surprise)- 3/10/11. IUFD 6/25/11. 
    TTC since 8/2011.
    BFP#2- 11/1/11. EDD 7/6/12. Blighted ovum 12/1/11.

New OBGYN 12/2012- CD3 labs, SA, HSG normal. 
    First RE appt 1/16/2013. Unexplained infertility. Lap planned. 

12/2012- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN 
    1/2013- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN.

Lap 2/11/2013- Removed endo. 

3/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    4/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    5/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN

June 2013- Time for a new RE!

July 2013- We're in Shared Risk! Love my new RE!
    August 2013- IVF#1- 14 R, 11F, transferred 1 perfect blast, 5 day 5 frosties= BFN.
    Sept 2013- Let's get ready for FET October 7th ish!< transfer 2 embies 10/11/13.......BFP 10/18/13!!!!/div>

PAIF/SAIF and everyone is welcome. If I can make even one person's journey less painful, I will consider my experience here successful. Thank you to all for sharing their stories, the intimate details of their lives, their knowledge, and their hearts. I hope this experience changes me, always for the better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"