Baby Names
Options

Initials?

CageyMackCageyMack member
edited August 2014 in Baby Names
Here's a question for y'all:

If a person has more than three names, how do you handle initials?  Do you believe that they always have as many initials as names?  Or do you believe that one middle initial can be a placeholder for the string of middle names?  How about hyphenated last names? Hyphenated first names?

For example: 
Jane Doe Smith is J.D.S.
Jane-June Doe Smith is J.D.S or J.J.D.S
Jane June Doe Smith, where June and Doe are middle names is J.J.D.S or J.J.S.
What about double last names without hyphenation?
Last name with hyphenation?  

And discuss.

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: Initials?

• Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Just pick one :)
  • Options

I think it's a personal choice.

My mom's maiden name has two capital letters and she used them instead of her middle initial - CDL.  Her married name only has one capital letter so she now uses her middle initial - CAG.

My married name has two capital letters and I love my middle name so when I write my initials, I use GCDL. (totally weird coincidence on my initials and my mom's).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"