October 2014 Moms

hypertension and grow scan 5th percentile

So my blood pressure has been going up for a couple months now. It's finally gotten up to 158/90 at 34 weeks and I am now doing twice weekly nst and did a 24 hr urine collection and had a growth scan.the Dr is making me go in for a more detailed ultrasound next week because my baby is measuring in the 5th percentile.does anyone know what this means?My Dr is in a surgery today so the nurse called me with the results but didn't give me much more info.im trying not to worry but lately it just seems like one thing after another

Re: hypertension and grow scan 5th percentile

• My Thoughts and prayers are with you
  • Sorry you're going through this! FX that you get some answers soon! T&P to you OP!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no advice but just wanted to say I am sorry you are going through this and I will be praying for you and LO.
  • So sorry this is happening! I hope your doc calls you back soon. T&Ps.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would definitely call back and ask for more info. - also ask that the doctor call you to answer your questions as soon as possible.

It sounds like they're monitoring you for pre-eclampsia and they're monitoring baby for proper growth. My DS measured 7th-8th percentile beginning at week 20, and at 24 weeks was diagnosed IUGR. He continued to maintain that low percentile, and so I was induced early at 37 weeks. They did not know why he was so small and were worried that he was not getting adequate nutrition for growth from my placenta. He's still a little guy at almost 3yo, but he's 100% healthy, active, and developmentally right on track. :)

It sounds like they want to monitor baby's growth and your health and see what happens. T&Ps that baby grow grow grows and that your blood pressure goes down and no protein in your urine!! FX for you!
    imageimage
  • Justabean3Justabean3 member
    edited August 2014
    My 1st baby was 3rd percentile at 34 or 36 weeks, I don't remember but I had no hypertension

They let me carry him until 41.5 weeks. He was 7 pounds 2 oz.

If you have IUGR that means they will probably take them as soon as benefit outweighs risk. There are lots of babies that simply do better on the outside at a certain point.

I think your bp is what will get you in the end for them to be most concerned with if it doesn't come down.
  • I've been dealing with high blood pressure myself for months so I had a growth checking ultrasound and I was told they worry about babies of those with high blood pressure being too small. So I'm sure that's what they're checking on
  • Thank you everyone for the prayers and advice! I tried calling again and Dr's been busy all day.since Monday is a holiday I guess I'll just wait until my appointment Tuesday for more info and keep an eye out for swelling/spots/chest pain in the mean time. she already told me I'll probably be induced at 38 weeks for hypertension but that was before the ultrasound so it may be earlier.they told me during the ultrasound she was 4lb 5oz which I don't know how accurate that is but that seems like a normal size for being 34 weeks
  • Justabean3Justabean3 member
    edited August 2014
    dlam86 said:
    Thank you everyone for the prayers and advice! I tried calling again and Dr's been busy all day.since Monday is a holiday I guess I'll just wait until my appointment Tuesday for more info and keep an eye out for swelling/spots/chest pain in the mean time. she already told me I'll probably be induced at 38 weeks for hypertension but that was before the ultrasound so it may be earlier.they told me during the ultrasound she was 4lb 5oz which I don't know how accurate that is but that seems like a normal size for being 34 weeks
    4.5 oz is a good size :)

If you think about it this way is they typically gain about .5 pound a week from here out so baby will be over 6 pounds... most likely 

with my 2nd baby he was 3.5 at 32 weeks and he came out 7 pounds even at 39 weeks. So he was the same size as yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"