High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Subchronic hemorrage

Today I went for a check up ultrasound, the babies heart rate was 119 which they said was low. I'm 6w5d, they said it's not super low but they would like it above 120. I also got diagnosed with a subchronic hemorrage between the yolk sac and uterus, they told me my chance of miscarriage is higher now. Any body else deal with this advice? I just recently had a missed miscarriage 17 weeks in feb! I'm praying everything is fine.

Re: Subchronic hemorrage

• Options
    jmathi0149jmathi0149 member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't have the low heart rate but I did have a SCH. I had a major bleed at 5 weeks and another at 9 weeks. The bleed at 9 weeks was me passing the clot. I was considered high risk until 12 weeks and had an ultrasound every week to make sure the SCH was shrinking and not growing. It was scary but after I passed it at 9 weeks I have had a healthy pregnancy. I am 33 weeks now. Do you know your blood type? I am O- and had to get a Rhogham shot with 72 hours of bleeding. If you have a - rh you may want to talk to your doctor about it. Good luck!
  • Options
    What I had wasn't considered a full SCH but a bleed between the placenta and uterus. I found out about the bleed at about 11 weeks (I didn't have any bleeding to the outside) and by 13 weeks the bleed had corrected itself. I was put on several restrictions though during this time. The risk is higher for a mc, but don't fret! You're still pregnant now. Just take it easy and do what the doc tells you to do (or not to do!). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 14 weeks. I have been having a ton of cramps, I started bleeding a few days ago so I went in and they found the hemorrhage on the ultra sound. My dr. put me on bedrest for the next two weeks. My cramps are so bad! I'm praying it heals and doesn't get larger. Your not alone.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I have one too.  I found out at 7 weeks from my Doctor after my first ultra sound.  She was very nonchalant about the whole thing and didn't think it was a big deal.  She said the majority of them get absorbed back into the body and that they are very common in pregnancy.  If they don't get absorbed then they bleed out.  She said that usually sex causes them to rupture from the friction.  So, my husband and I tried to refrain from doing that.

Afterward, I went home and did my own research and did find that they have a small chance of causing miscarriages but that's if it grows and gets in between the baby and the sac. 

I'm at 10 weeks now and have not had any bleeding or pain - so I'm hoping mine will be gone by the next ultra sound.

Most women find out about them because they start bleeding and freaking out and go to the ER or something.  I was a bit comforted by the fact that I found out ahead of time and if I did happen to start bleeding, I would know what it was. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had a huge one with my last pregnancy. The bleed effected 50% of the placenta, which is pretty massive. They told me I'd probably lose the pregnancy, but I had a healthy baby boy at 41 weeks.

I am terrified of getting another one this time around.
    But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"