Trouble TTC
Options

About those progesterone doses in the hoo-ha...

I'm starting  progesterone suppositories (ugh!) tonight and will use them 2x per day either until AF arrives or until 12 weeks of pregnancy. The pharmacist explained to me how to do it and gave me a few tips, like (1) store them in the fridge so they're a little more solid and easier to insert and (2) use a panty liner just in case there's any "dripping" afterwards.

Can any of you share your experiences? Here are some of my questions:

- Do you just pop it in and go about your day or do you hang out horizontally for a while?
- What about sex? How long after you've inserted the thing can you get busy, if you want to? (Will DH notice it?)
- Do you notice any side effects? Do you feel any different?

My hoo-ha thanks you for your advice. :)  

***** All Welcome *****
***** Siggy Warning *****

TTC since Dec, 2012. Me: 33; DH: 34

- Ultrasound to look at "lay of the land": normal
- Blood work: normal
- OPKs and ultrasound to confirm ovulation: Yes
- SA for DH: Normal (a couple numbers on the low side of normal)
- HSG: Normal
- Doing several cycles of Letrozole, TI and progesterone
    - Aug cycle of Letrozole, TI and progesterone came back with a BFP-MC at 7 weeks.
- Benched until Jan
- Starting Letrozole, TI, Progesteron and HCG Trigger in Feb cycle

Re: About those progesterone doses in the hoo-ha...

• Options
    Hello, hello. I was prescribed 400mg progesterone suppositories 2x a day. The pharmacy gave me a dispenser that I used to shove the pills up my vag in the morning and at night. I got up 20 minutes early every morning to take my first dose and stayed in bed for 20 minutes. I had very little leakage, but still wore a panty liner just in case. I put in my second dose right before I went to sleep so it stayed up in there. To be honest my DH and I had such a sex fest the week of ovulation we were sexed out, so it never even crossed my mind what to do about sex because we didn't have any while I was taking the suppositories. I didn't really have any side effects except a little more boating then normal. My period was delayed by 5 days and my period was pretty heavy once I got it. I did start spotting at 10DPO which is RIGHT ON TIME for me, so the suppositories did not prevent me from spotting so I pretty much knew on that day that a BFN was in my near future. 

The suppositories really aren't that bad, I would just advise using the dispenser if you get one from the pharmacy as opposed to shoving it up there with your fingers.

Good Luck!

Me: 33, DH: 32

TTC: 2 years
    Fertility blood tests all normal
    Tilted uterus
    3 day ultrasound 17 follicles
    HSG: 11/13/13- tubes open
    DH SA: SUPER sperm (145 million, 84% motility, 22% morphology)
    All infection disease and immunity blood tests NORMAL

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd cycle benched due to cysts - TI with OPK tests -  BFN

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

JANUARY SIGGY CHALLENGE...This is so me!

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

Never thought I would like long hair....

• Options
    I was on progesterone capsules 200mg 2x a day. The pharmacy gave me a dispenser too so it was easy, kinda like puting in a tampon. The dispense looks sorta like the ones that come with pre-seed. I would get up earlier to place it in the am and at night right before bed. We didn't have sex as I was afraid of DH get some of the leftovers and get hormonal on me. It didn't even cross my mind to use condoms. Side effects were minimal sorta like pms but a tinge worse, sore boobs and cramps I was having vivid dreams but I didn't realize it could stem from the progesterone. Good luck!!

Me (29), DH (38)

Oct 2009   - Married
    Aug 2011   - Started TTC
    Jan 2012   - OB Referred to RE
    Feb 2012   - RE Visit #1
    Apr 2012   - HSG (Normal), PCOS - DH SA (low count and low motility)  
    June 2012   - Provera, Clomid, TI - BFN
    July 2012   - IUI #1, Provera, Clomid 50mg, Trigger Injection - BFN
    Aug 12 - Feb 14 - Break
    Feb 2014   - New OB referred to new RE
    Mar 2014   - New RE visit #1
    Apr 2014    - TSH  level elevated, need to retest.
    May 2014   - TSH retested, higher than 1st test. Start on Synthroid. DH SA (Normal)
    June 2014   - Start on DHEA, CO-Q10, New brand of Prenatals
    July 2014   - Cycle came on its own, b/w on CD2, TSH (normal), Femara CD3-CD7, CD14 - u/s + Ovidrel + baby aspirin regimen. IUI #1 B2B on CD15/16 - BFN

August 2014 - u/s on CD3 normal, Femara CD3-CD7, u/s CD12, Ovidrel on CD13. IUI #2 B2B on CD 14/CD15 - BFN.

September  2014 - u/s on CD3 normal, Femara CD3-CD7, u/s scheduled for CD12

*** September 3T Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Shows ***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @saritacw‌ I just found out today my progesterone level isn't ideal 7dpiui so I'm doing Crinone twice a day too. Not excited about the mess and side effects but maybe this is what I've been missing all along (at least that's what I'm telling myself!).
    My RE has me coming in next week to do a beta, said while on the progesterone I will not get a period. But you mentioned waiting until AF. Anyone have input on this, should I expect to get a period if I'm not pregnant while on the progesterone?
    ***pregnancy and loss mentioned***

Me: 31 DH: 31
    Dx: unexplained IF
    TTC since March 2013 
    IUI#1 with OB: BFN (April 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#2 with OB: BFN (June 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#3 with OB: BFN (July 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#4 with RE: BFN (August 2014 - clomid 50mg, ovidrel 250mcg, Crinone 8%)
    IVF #1 with pICSI in November
    ER 11/13 - 14R, 13M, 11F
    ET 11/19 - 2 grade AA hatched blasts transferred
    Beta #1: 58 - BFP!!, Beta #2: 140, Beta #3: 347, Beta #4: 931
    First u/s 12/19 - baby measuring 6w4d with HR of 116
    Second u/s 12/29 - baby measuring only 7 weeks, no heart beat detected
    01/02/15 - misoprostol administered vaginally

• Options
    oh these are horrible. I echo what everyone else has said. go buy a big box of pantyliners!

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    saritacwsaritacw member
    edited August 2014

@stace2524 I just went back and read my plan and I had missed a step at the end -- I'm supposed to take a pregnancy test on CD 29 and if I get a negative I'm supposed to stop the suppositories and begin the next optimization cycle. So I don't wait for AF I guess.

***** All Welcome *****

- Aug cycle of Letrozole, TI and progesterone came back with a BFP-MC at 7 weeks.
    - Benched until Jan

• Options
    I was using them last cycle. I didn't have any trouble inserting with my finger and storing at room temperature. I had to use them 2x a day, so morning and night. I was spotting heavily when I used them so I definitely had a panty liner on at all times. 

I think you are supposed to wait a few hours to have sex. Maybe for the safety of your H, maybe so you don't flush it all out. 

My suppositories apparently had peanut oil or something in them so the Dr, nurse and pharmacist all asked multiple times if H or I were allergic. 

Good luck! I hope they end up being not too big of a deal :) 
  • Options
    I always did them before bed and never had much leakage. I only took them during IVF cycle and we couldn't have sex so I can't comment on that.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    hrushka said:
     I've learned to wear dark clothing during my 2WW - I had a slightly mortifying incident the day I wore light khakis to work. 
    @hrushka ugh! Thanks for the warning about the dark clothes. Good to know.

***** All Welcome *****

- Benched until Jan

• Options
    So I've never had a TWW yet and haven't used these but omg this stuff sounds gross LOL more power to you all for going through this and sharing
    TTC since 2013 (grad of 3T)
    EDD: May 24, 2015
  • Options

Thank you, everyone, who commented on this thread. It's so nice to have this board to crowd-source answers to questions like these. Muchas gracias! I'm 2 doses in and the tips from you all were great. Thankfully (or not...because I like him) DH is on a work trip for 10 days so I can figure this out without an audience.

@champs28 you've probably had a 2WW (TWW) (Two-week-wait ) -- the 2 weeks between ovulation and AF when you're waiting to see if you'll get a BFN or BFP. Right? Or have I mis-defined it all along?

***** All Welcome *****

- Benched until Jan

• Options
    @saritacw‌ nope I don't ovulate or get AF so no tww ever so far
  • Options
    @champs28 apologies for my assumption. I am aware of other IF complications but since that's not one I deal with it slipped my mind. I hope you didn't think I was being insensitive. I hope you figure out how to get to a 2WW. I'll be cheering you on when you do. (and if you ever have these progesterone doses in the hoo-ha, refer back to this thread. So far the advice has been dead-on!)

***** All Welcome *****

- Benched until Jan

• Options
    @saritacw‌ no problem! I learn so much from you ladies that are further along than I am! And one day if I need these hoo-ha things I will fondly remember this thread haha
  • Options
    Woah! I was watching some dumb TV show this morning and something not even that interesting happened and I started crying. I didn't feel sad really, but my eyes got teary and I had a little 30 second cry. It was weird! Did spontaneous crying happen to you ladies while on Progesterone? I've seen people say "I couldn't stop crying" and I assumed it also came with strong emotions, but this didn't. So strange!

***** All Welcome *****

- Benched until Jan

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"