April 2014 Moms
Options

TMI Question

My period came back quickly and right back on my regular cycle.  However, the cramps (if you can call them that) this time around and my previous period have been like contractions.  Like stop me in my tracks and need to breathe contractions.  Obviously I know I should talk to my Dr, but I'm just wondering if this is common or if I should be more concerned?
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TMI Question

• Options
    :( I don't know but I'm sorry
  • Options
    My first PP period that I got after my first baby was born was like that. The cramps had me in bed for the first day of it. After a few months the cramps weren't as bad and I don't remember it being too bad after I had my second child.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay, thank you.  
  • Options
    They should have told you it would be horrible.
  • Options
    My periods after DD were HORRIBLE. They did keep getting progressively better (although I only had 5 between DD's birth and getting pregnant with DS).
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    I had a period induced by birth control so I had no cramps. However, I got off it due to supply so next month will be a real period... You all have me nervous!

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    my cramping was actually slightly more tolerable post-baby compared to pre-baby (talking about kiddo's birth here), but i always had really intense periods prior to becoming a mom, so it was a welcomed relief to be able to have a bit of a break from the intensity.
  • Options
    I had what I thought was periods over the last 4 months, but it was spotting from my birth control, then this month I HAD my period, omg the cramping was awful and very heavy, hoping next month isn't the same. Can't remember this with ds1.
  • Options
    @baileymama3 - I hope that your discomfort is minimal when it's time.

It would have been nice to have a heads up but I guess that's just another one of those "things nobody tells you".  
    Thank you for each of your experiences, it puts me at ease to know that it is part of the process and it will get better.
  • Options
    Yeah that sounds normal to me. My period cramps feel like the "aftershock" contractions I got after birth. Terrible. Way worse than before the birth. But it does get better after a while, if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Oh no! Im sorry and hope they get better! I have the opposite...absolutely no cramps.
  • Options
    Have not gotten my period yet after this LO but after my DS I remember they were horrible. Bad cramps and heavy bleeding for the first few months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"