2nd Trimester

Still not showing?

emmagromekemmagromek member
edited August 2014 in 2nd Trimester
I am 19 weeks today and I am nof showing! Should I be worried?? Havent really seen much weight gain or felt any movement from my baby? I am a little concerned? My sister says my baby is still lying low underneath my belly button! Is that normal for 19 wks? :-/

Re: Still not showing?

• No she isnt she has already had a baby over a yr ago
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited August 2014
    No, you shouldn't be worried. Many people don't feel movement until well after the 20 week mark. With my first I didn't until nearly 23w. And trust me, you'll start showing eventually.

• Loading the player...
  • I am 17 weeks and don't look pregnant, at all. I went for a prenatal massage yesterday and the lady was all...I thought you were pregnant, yeah, just not showing. I did go up from a size 6 to 8 but it just looks like I have gained weight.

I feel a little bummed because I cant wait to have a baby belly and not look like I ate too many donuts, but at the same time, I am glad because I know I have enough time to look/feel pregnant.

My baby is like 1/2 an inch above my pubic bone on my Doppler and doc said its normal.

• No, especially if this is your first child. I am average weight (BMI of 22) but have pretty strong stomach muscles and have worked out throughout pregnancy. At 17 weeks I am not showing even a little bit. My midwife says I will probably wake up one day and just have popped out suddenly when the uterus decides to be outside of the pelvic cavity. This will also alleviate a lot of bladder pressure and "heavy" feeling that you probably have right now. I know personally I feel like a cantaloupe is just hanging out down there. 

Everyone's body is different. What will be more reassuring is to lay flat on your back. Walk your fingers down from your belly button to your pelvis. You will feel the hard fundus (top part of your uterus) and this should be pretty close to your navel right now but probably a little under if you have a long torso or your uterus sits lower. Just because it is not popping outwards does not mean that the baby/uterus are not growing a lot. You may just have more room in there and tighter ab muscles holding it all together. :) Enjoy wearing your cute pre-preg clothes and all the jealous faces when you say you are 20 weeks and have no bump. Trust me, you will not be 9 mos pregnant and not look it! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm 21w today and not showing and have gained no weight. I just started feeling baby a couple days ago. Do you have an anterior placenta? That could be hindering feeling movement. Its not uncommon to go into 22-23 weeks or more without feeling. Just be patient. If your ob isn't worried and baby is healthy then everything is fine :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"