TTC after 35

UO Tuesday! (Unpopular Opinion)

Post your unpopular opinions here!

I have two:

1) I don't like sushi.
2) I don't find Channing Tatum that sexy. He's sort of American-boy-basic, to me.

Re: UO Tuesday! (Unpopular Opinion)

• hooligans4 - I agree with you 100%. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have so many opinions - why can I not come up with an UO on the spot!?  Agh, the pressure!  I'll come back to this....
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • 2) I don't find Channing Tatum that sexy. He's sort of American-boy-basic, to me.
    I agree somewhat @lgsdesigner. His face is ok, he can't act to save his life but OMG does the boy have a body!!!! I may get some slack for my UO but I don't have sympathy for people who have bad things happen to them because of poor choices they have made. Like losing your job because you did something against the rules thinking you wouldn't get cought. Or if someone goes on vacations and buys new cars but has their house forclosed on. Edit: Sorry I had quote fail. Stupid mobile bumping

I completely agree with bad things happening because of your poor choices. 

I also want to scream at people who always complain, but won't do anything to change their situation.  Seriously, if it's that bad, figure out a solution and pursue it!
    Me 38 DH 40
    TTC since Dec 2010.
    Diagnosed anovulatory, HSG clear. Slight MFI- borderline count, but excellent motility and morphology 
    Nov. 12- Feb.13 Gonal F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    Lap April 13. Found blocked tube and bridged fimbria. Opened tube and cut fimbria. All clear 
    June 13  Gonal F+ Pregnyl +IUI = BFN Stopped treatment with RE due to side effects from drugs and told we needed IVF.
    Oct. 13 started Accupuncture and Chinese herbs- being monitored by RE. Getting better response- e2 and follie size. 
    Now RE says TI till March, then IUI. Fingers crossed, 

All welcome
  • Rumbera28 - "At the Copa! Copa Cabana!!!!!!"  Play it loud and proud!  Doesn't everybody love Barry?  How on earth could that be an unpopular opinion?!?!?!  "I write the songs, I write the songs!!!!!!!"

hooligans4 - I also totally agree with you.  No pity for stupid people, here!  
    :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• YES!!  And I'm especially sick of people being shamed and ridiculed for refusing to participate.  Being a good person does not require me to behave like a lemmings.  Why can't I donate to the charity of my choice without dumping ice on my head.  SO over it!

Yep! I agree!
  • Okay, my UO: I am your manager, not your mother, I do not need to hold your hand through things. Soft skills are over rated.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
    edited August 2014
    I second the ice bucket challenge stuff. 

Here are a few things that irritate me about it:

1) People are dumping like a glass of water or a small amount on their heads. This is about people who have ALS that can't use their muscles and feel numb every day. The water is supposed to make you feel like that for a few seconds so you get to experience what they feel. 
    Therefore, the water is to be SUPER cold where the ice cubes don't melt and you leave the ice in there for a while prior to dumping. You don't get a glass of luke warm water, put a few cubes in it and dump. You are missing the point.

2) Everyone and their mother is doing this challenge, and no joke, I see about 30 posts a day about it. But for the love of lasagna...DON'T do this to your pet OR your infant (I have seen the videos).

3) If you nominate someone and they don't do the challenge, don't put them on blast on social media and say "They are a coward". No. They just don't want to join the clan of constant video postings that people are tired of watching. They would much rather simply donate. 

end vent.
  • I'm sick of everything today, except I would like a really large bag of cheesy popcorn and a dark chocolate candy bar after that.  Maybe a huge bowl of butter pecan icecream too
  • MyOU:  I don't like Beyonce.  I just think she's so overrated and overexposed... but that's just me, my DH teases that the BeAgency is going to get me (if you caught that episode of SNL).

Pregnancy Ticker 

• I don't like sushi either! I really just think it tastes like crap in general... and yes, I've tried it several times and several different kinds. 

My UO: I don't see the point of Facebook. I haven't joined and don't ever intend to. (Well at least until/if I have kids and they are old enough to have a page that I feel the need to police. lol) My friends actually have to call me to get in touch and I prefer it that way. And I haven't seen one video of the ice bucket challenge... which I consider to be a big plus ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My UO is that I can't stand Modern Family. I just don't get it...it's not funny at all. Not sure why it keeps winning all these awards!
    Married since 10-20-2007
    DH Age: 38
    TTC #1 since January 2014

• I'm with you @xxAveryxx, no Facebook for me either. I always tell people that I don't need it because I keep in touch with the people I'm close with.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• @JimBobCooter - I'm too distracted by Dolly's ginormous fake rack to hear her singing. I think one day she may topple over!
  • I love Dolly. She's fantastic, and I actually really like her music. I'm a fan of old-time country, the current stuff just annoys the crap out of me. It has all the twang and none of the soul, instead it's just all random commercialized shoutouts about trucks and dogs and whatnot.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • I admit I do like Dolly's song "9 to 5". Makes me want to get strong and quit my job! Haha!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love Dolly. She's fantastic, and I actually really like her music. I'm a fan of old-time country, the current stuff just annoys the crap out of me. It has all the twang and none of the soul, instead it's just all random commercialized shoutouts about trucks and dogs and whatnot.
    Yes, this exactly!  I love classic and alternative country, and can't get into the contemporary version at all.  DH and I have this discussion ("argument" is too strong a word) all the time.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• I love alternative country - my favorite is the Jayhawks.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Okay, my UO: I am your manager, not your mother, I do not need to hold your hand through things. Soft skills are over rated.
    I'm actually OK with handholding (I'm a big softy), but I am right there with you on the whole soft skills thing.  I hate, hate, hate that a decent chunk of my job depends on networking, "relationship building," and general schmooze.  I really hope DD learns hard skills unique enough that she doesn't have to deal with that, like for example maritime mechanics: yup, yup, yup, uh-huh--look, did you want me to fix your boat or not?

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• I love alternative country - my favorite is the Jayhawks.
    The Jayhawks are great!  I haven't listened to them in a long time, and now I want to!

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

My Ovulation Chart

• I thought of another unpopular opinion:

Mad Men is the most boring, repetitive, ponderous, pretentious, overrated show on television. I am sick of everybody creaming themselves over it. 

There, I said it. I feel better.

• I love the Jayhawks! But I don't really like any other country / country-style music. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"