July 2011 Moms

Thisclose to induction at hospital today ...

Well, I'm officially a pregnant woman with Pre-E today :-/ .... my third 24-hour urine sample came back with a protein level of 1,333! Big jump from 400 a couple weeks ago. My BP is still borderline-bad, with my first reading at the OB office around 140/95. But, with a little rest I am able to get my subsequent readings down to the 120s/70s.

At first my OB sent me to the hospital with plans to start induction tonight, but after monitoring me at the hospital for 4 hours, my BP was good, all fetal movements perfect, and bloodwork came back great... so as long as I keep resting without elevating my BP, the only problematic symptom is the protein. I convinced my OB that I would strictly bedrest at home and now they plan to have me come in for another check-up on Saturday. I really hope to go into labor on my own and deliver when the baby and my body are ready... (as long as LO stays head-down like she's been for 3 days now) Hoping for the best!

BFP #1: 10/2011, Pre-eclampsia in last 6 weeks, emergency C-section, DD born 6/25/11

BFP #2: 8/16/14, Ectopic Pregnancy & Methotrexate Inj. 9/5/14, Adverse MTX reaction, HCG levels down after 2 weeks

BFP #3: 2/23/2016, EDD 10/28/2016

Re: Thisclose to induction at hospital today ...

• Good luck! I hope it all goes well but on the plus side at least you are full term already!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow! That protein is high! I'm glad you convinced your OB to let you go home! I'm stuck in the hospital :(  I'm hoping to make it to full term! GL to you and hope you can keep that LO in as long as you can (although, 37 weeks is great!)
    image I'll take ya for a ride on my Big Green Tractor! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck to you. I have another check up today to decide what to do regarding potential pre-e and induction. No protein in my urine but I have borderline high BP, excessive swelling and migraine-like headaches with nausea. I really want to be induced because I am so terrified. That's a relief that we are both far enough along that our LO's will be ok. Keep us updated!
  • TEST

BFP #1: 10/2011, Pre-eclampsia in last 6 weeks, emergency C-section, DD born 6/25/11

BFP #2: 8/16/14, Ectopic Pregnancy & Methotrexate Inj. 9/5/14, Adverse MTX reaction, HCG levels down after 2 weeks

• testing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"