Infertility
Options

New to IVF, detailed orientation tomorrow

Hi Everyone, just want to introduce myself

I am 34, DH 37.  Back in 2009 we started TTC.  By March of 2010, we were told the only way we could TTC is through IVF and I had to have surgery to have both tubes removed.  My RE told me to take my time if I was not ready for IVF as I was still trying to deal with my infertility but try to start before 35.

We went back to the RE on July 24th.  So now going through the motions, it seems to be happening very quickly.  When I made the decision to finally get the guts to do this, I have been stalking this Message Board.  And just want to say that all of these stories have given me a lot of strength to not get too scared.  You are all amazing.  And reading many of the struggles, has me kicking myself for not starting this sooner. 

I am scared and excited tomorrow, but in a cloud as like I mention the RE is being very quick.  This is what I know so far. 

Blood work on 7./24, put on Synthroid 25m

Ultrasound done at first cycle with blood work, increase synthroid to 50m

Orientation tomorrow

Baseline ultrasound 9/5

Start meds 9/6, hoping for ER week of 9/15

Heard from the Pharmacy today and they are getting all my meds to me by 9/5,  already biting my nails.

thank you for reading

Me: 34 DH:37

Married 2008. TTC since March 2009

March 2010 - HSG, Tubes Removed, only IVF as option

July 2014 - First visit back to RE, ready to dive into IVF.

Aug 2014 - Had final orientation and baseline ultrasound. Have PCOS, RE expecting large qty for ER, but concerned for OHSS

Starting stims on 9/6, hoping for ER week of 9/15

Re: New to IVF, detailed orientation tomorrow

• Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the board! FX for success for you! :)
  • Options
    katers79katers79 member
    edited August 2014
    Welcome! Good luck!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Welcome!

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Options
    emilee871 said:
    Welcome!  I'm starting my first IVF cycle this month too.  My nurse gave some good advice, take it day by day and it won't be as overwhelming. 
    This really is great advice, IMO. It helped me a lot to break it down into day-long (or even hour-long!) chunks. You can only handle one task at a time.
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
    14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
    Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
    EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Giants721Giants721 member
    edited August 2014
    Welcome and good luck! I just received my meds today! 4 pound box of meds! :-O
    Married since July 2012
    TTC #1 since April 2013
    BFP #1 9.16.13 / EDD 5.26.14 / Natural miscarriage 7w4d

imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you all your comments really make me smile

Aug 2014 - Had final orientation and baseline ultrasound. Have PCOS, RE expecting large qty for ER, but concerned for OHSS

• Options
    I second the one day at a time advice, especially with the meds. When you get that box, it will be overwhelming at first. So many items, so many instructions. Just remember that you only need to understand the drugs you are taking that moment. The rest can wait until you are told to take them and they will give you further instructions. It's a whirlwind but better to move fast then slow! Welcome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January & February: 2 IUIs, BFN
    March:  IUI, ectopic, 2 surgeries with 1 tube removed
    May - July: 3 more IUIs, all BFN, on to IVF
    August: IVF#1, BFN
    September:  FET#1, BFP!!!
    It's a girl!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Going to get a calendar today. I was hoping to get the meds earlier so I can be familiar with them. A little bit of a control freak. Like to know everything ahead of time which is impossible. And focusing on the meds for that day sounds more realistic than me trying to memorize everything. Thank you

• Options
    I know I felt much better after my orientation, it made some things more clear and understandable. 
    Once it got closer for me to start with the meds, I watched the videos that Village Pharmacy have on their site. That helped me a lot as well.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Welcome!
    **Signature Warning**

Dx PCOS August 2012
    Clomid x4 = BFN
    Femara+Follistim IUIs x 6 = 3 BFN, 2 C/P, 1 early miscarriage
    IVF June 2014- 43 R, 34 M, 24 F, 12 blasts frozen and severe OHSS
    FET September 12, 2014!
    Beta #1 12dp5dt- 724
    Beta #2 14dp5dt- 1631
    Beta #3 20dp5dt- 12,813
    Pending EDD at first OB appointment 11/6. Grow babies grow!

"I might have to wait. I'll never give up. I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck. 
    Wherever you are, whenever it's right, you'll come out of nowhere and into my life." ~ Michael Buble

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"