July 2013 Moms
Options

When Tables Attack...

They tend to bite hard. We were at Playgroup, & everything was awesome. Alex was eating his snack at the table & not climbing for once.

The poor kid was done, signed "all done" then tried to get down off the bench. He slipped & caught the side of his face on the edge of the table.

I thought he just bumped it but then I saw the blood pooling in his eye!!! Thankfully I didn't freak I just grabbed a towel to blot. The good news is that it didn't get his eyeball & it doesn't appear to need stitches (according to the pedi). Just have to keep it clean & dry. If it keeps opening & bleeding it might need some glue? We are just watching it for now.

Has your toddler maimed themselves yet?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: When Tables Attack...

• Options
    Aw, poor baby! I hope he's just fine and it heals properly on it's own.

Haddock busted his lip on Sunday.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw kiddo! :( I hope it heals quick!

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Awwww poor Alex! :( I'm glad he's doing alright and no stitches. 

imageimage

always my babies

• Options
    Poor little man! What a relief that he didn't need stitches! DS is always being attacked by our dining table too. He tries to stand up underneath it and is always bonking his head. Sometimes it results in bruises. He's got one on his forehead now from it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Poor baby! I hope it doesn't keep bleeding for you guys.

Eli just falls all the time so he constantly has bruises and head bonks. So glad he's my third and I don't worry as much as I did with the girls. He's a tough guy and has never done anything where I've needed to take him in. ***crosses fingers*** ***knocks on wood***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This LO hasn't given me major scare yet, but her siblings have. Most notebly, her big brother who got stitches 2 times in 1 year. First time he decided to stand on his table and we told him to get down. Not sure if the table flipped on its own or he put more pressure to jump and it tipped/ he fell, catching his chin on it. The second time, he and daddy were twirling and daddy put him down and he ran straight into the cubby unit and caught the edge and cut his eye brow.

He also ran full on into the stairs at the park this summer and I thought we were ER bound for his eye but I was able to get the swelling under control.

Oh and at 1 years old he face planted near the edge of the pool and got a huge red scrape on his nose.

Hope it stays closed and Alex feel better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ooooh noooo! That's awful :(( Poor little guy. And poor @PrimRoseMama!  >:D< Hope he heals up quickly. This slightly off balance stage is rapidly increasing my gray hairs.
  • Options
    Thanks y'all the little dude looks like he went a round or two with a boxer!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Oh no! Poor guy!
    We had a busted lip the other day. She thinks she can stand up in the tub, and then tried to step on a toy and bam fell on the faucet. Blood was everywhere! I couldn't tell where it was coming from.

Glad little man didn't need stitches!
  • Options
    Poor lil guy! No serious wounds over here yet, except a scraped knee. *knock on wood*
  • Options
    Poor Alex :(

Ty has already broke half a tooth off and Sunday he headbutted the corner of the microwave stand. Instant goose egg and still has a little bump and bruise.
  • Options
    Aww poor Alex!  I hope it heals quickly.  We were at the park while on vacay last week and Caleb was sitting on a little dolphin rocker thing at the park--it was so smooth on the seat and I'm not sure exactly what happened, and I was right there with him, but he just slid right over and into the sand, bonked his head on the way down.  I felt awful :(

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Solidarity, mama. Lyra still has a little scar on her cheek, just below her eye, from face-planting into our kitchen island.

ETA: This is in addition to myriad bumps and bruises, and a nosebleed at the playground the other day. I have resigned myself to/embraced the fact that kids learn from play, and not all play is minor-injury-free.
  • Options
    OMG I am so not ready for this stuff. Poor baby :(
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    He looks like he took it like a champ! Hugs buddy >:D<

• Options
    Poor Alex! He's so handsome he could totally rock that with the ladies. I hope it heals fast and FX for no glue.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Poor dude! I hope he's feeling ok..

El has had the standard bumps and such but nothing too bad.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    Poor guy! I am glad he is okay. DD is pretty good about not getting hurt, but my DS was always getting bumps and bruises at this age.
  • Options
    Awh. Poor thing!
  • Options
    Aww poor guy! Hope it heals quickly and he feels better soon!

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• Options
    Awww, poor dude! 
  • Options
    Poor Alex! How is he feeling today?
  • Options
    Aw, so precious! Glad to see he's smiling!
  • Options
    Ohh poor babes!! But he looks so happy in the most recent pic!
  • Options
    Poor Alex! You already know about my DD's incident...thankfully there wasn't any blood or I don't know what I would've done. I would have been even more of a mess than I was. I hope he heals quickly!! These babies are tough!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Glad he's still smiling.
    He's so cute!!
  • Options
    Oh no! Poor alex! I hope it heals quickly!

BFP #1 5/16/2012 Heard/Saw Heartbeat 6/27/2012 No heartbeat at 11 weeks D&C 7/6/2012
    BFP #2 10/28/2012 EDD July 12, 2013
    BFP #3 6/24/2015 EDD March 8, 2016

Oliver born July 6, 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"