August 2014 Moms

MOTY (birth story)

Everything went relatively easy. I arrived at the hospital at 2:00 pm Friday the 22nd. I was having tiny contractions all day, I was fairly certain this was another false alarm but decided to call and see if I could get checked out, just to be on the safe side. At the hospital I was at 3cm, no change from my appointment two days ago. The OB decided to monitor me for an hour just to be sure. I was upset for thinking I was wasting everyones time.
After an hour I was rechecked finally, 4cms. Contractions started picking up and I was hooked up to an IV for my first round of antibiotics. Contractions started getting more intense about 7:00. H would talk to me about random things to get me through them.

After my second round of antibiotics the OB came in and broke my water, I went from about 6cms to 9 and by 11:30 I was begging the nurse to check me. I was at 10cms and ready to go. I don't remember much about pushing, Other than I was on my back and folded in half. It sucked and about half way through I started to freak, screaming that I couldn't do it. I remember the nurse holding my hand and calmly talking me through each push. Next thing I knew her head was out and a couple more pushes later out came the rest of her.
They put her on my stomach then quickly measured her and got her weight. Lydia Joyce was born 8lbs 8ozs and 21in long born on 8/23 at 12:08am. I will add pictures when I figure out this internet thing.

After getting her weight and length they brought her back for skin to skin. Eagerly I brought my hand up to my shoulder to unsnap my gown. Turns out those snaps can be hard to do one handed. I tried to unsnap but instead my fist came flying back and I hit Lydia in the face. She was ok, but I felt like crap.

So if you are having a bad day, remember, at least you didn't welcome your baby girl into the world, by punching her in the face.

Sorry if this got a little rambly, I am really sleep deprived.

Mom  to S-07/22/10 & Q-12/14/11 L-8/23/14

Re: MOTY (birth story)

• MC03MC03 member
    Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Congratulations!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats. Those snaps are annoying.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Congrats!

I'm sure once your daughter hears this story when she's older she will use it against you for the rest of your life. :P

• Congrats!
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Congrats on your baby girl!

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"