TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

New to Group: Progesterone Question

Dot30324Dot30324 member
edited August 2014 in TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Hello. I am not sure if this is the right group so I apologize if not.

I went through 2 miscarraiges in the last year and after months of testing we have learned that I have hypothroydism (now under control with medication), pollup (surgically removed), extremely low AMH for my age (.09) and significant Luteal Phase Defect in which I do not produce progesterone. 

My doctor has started me on 5 days of Clomid and after I begin to ovulate I will then start progesterone suppositories 4 days later. My question is if anyone else has used these supositories (Crinone 8%) and were you successful? If I am to get pregnant again I would need to be on it for 10 weeks. However insurance does not cover it and it is $75-$100 a week so we are looking at $750-$1000 out of pocket. I was curious people's thoughts on switching to the progesterone shots because those are generic and may be cheaper.

Any advice is appreciated. It's very overwhelming and confusing even with my amazing reproductive endochronologist.

Re: New to Group: Progesterone Question

• Sorry for your losses and the issues that you're now facing. I have never used crinone, so I don't have any experience.

The main Trying To Conceive After A Loss (TTCAL) would be a better fit for you and your question, as this board is for ladies that have been active on that board for at least 6 months. Check out the blog there and post an intro.

GL to you

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Dot30324 said:

Hello. I am not sure if this is the right group so I apologize if not.

I went through 2 miscarraiges in the last year and after months of testing we have learned that I have hypothroydism (now under control with medication), pollup (surgically removed), extremely low AMH for my age (.09) and significant Ludeal Phase Defect in which I do not produce progesterone. Whew..it's a lot to think about but all manageable I believe.

My doctor has started me on 5 days of Clomid and after I begin to ovulate I will then start progesterone suppositories 4 days later. My question is if anyone else has used these supositories (Crinone 8%) and were you successful? If I am to get pregnant again I would need to be on it for 10 weeks. However insurance does not cover it and it is $75-$100 a week so we are looking at $750-$1000 out of pocket. I was curious people's thoughts on switching to the progesterone shots because those are generic and may be cheaper.

Any advice is appreciated. It's very overwhelming and confusing even with my amazing reproductive endochronologist.

Nope nope nope..  As per the board header : 
    TTCAL6+ is a community for women who have been actively TTCAL for 6 months or more, as well as been an active part of the TTCAL board. If you also like snark and humor post an introduction and show your support to others.

And on 6+, you will not find success stories, the Ladies here have been trying for well over 6 months, also, Spell check is your friend.

What is the point of this response? I covered everything you did in my previous response, did I not?
    And yes, we're all allowed to respond as many times as we want. I just don't get the point of repeating what a pp prayer says for no point other than to add a tiny shred of snark

Of course I'm a fan in snark, especially when needed, but OP didn't even seem to come across as a complete asshat; she just seemed confused

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, my question was serious.

And no, I don't have to research every persons post history before providing a simple, yet direct response.

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• OP, as the PPs have said, this is not the right board for you or your question. I looked at your post history and noticed that you seem to be having a hard time finding the right board for you.

In general, the Trying to Conceive After a Loss (TTCAL) may be a good fit because you are trying to conceive after a loss. It's not uncommon for women on that board to also be dealing with medicated cycles. Here is a link to the blog that you can check out first before posting. One note, that board would not be the one to ask about success stories as nobody is pregnant.

You previously were directed to Trouble Trying to Conceive (TTTC) as also being a good fit for where you are at.

For your question on success stories for the protocol that he doctor wants to put you on - you could try Pregnant After a Loss (PgAL) or Parenting After a Loss (PAL). 

I'm sorry your insurance will not cover your progesterone suppositories. Have you tried other pharmacies to see if it might be lower cost at other ones? Unfortunately, medicated cycles are expensive and you will need to be prepared to pay for whatever medication you need in your attempt to become pregnant and if you do become pregnant. Maybe wait to TTC until you can afford the cost of the medication?

Finally, it is "Luteal" phase defect (LPD) not "ludeal". I'm curious, where you tested on CD21 or did your doctor confirm ovulation and test you 7 days later?

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • Wow... Ok. For the record we have been trying to conceive well over 6 months. 24 months to be exact which is why I thought this group would be a good fit for me.

@Racheleleigh if I have done something to piss you off, then I am sorry. I did not post this in multiple groups to offend people by any means. I thought I could come here, as a person who is trying to conceive after a loss, after 6 months of trying, but apparently this is not hte right place.

You should learn to be more considerate of those that are struggling. It's not easy.

• @Rachelleigh I did not mean for that post to come to you. I realize you were coming to my defense above and I appreciate that. The rude comments were coming from @WickedSugar.
  • @Dot30324‌ learn to read. I know words are hard, and you're all butthurt now. But you completely missed the bolded text from the board header in wicked's comment, which refers to being an active member on the TTCAL board for over 6 months.

There's no need to be nasty.
  • @Blackbird818. I have been TTCAL for over 6 months. I have even been on that board before! Nothing that I said in my comment or my response was nasty.

Multiple times and spoken with many girls via private message.

• :-@
    Seriously?!? Again you aren't reading.
  • @Dot30324‌ learn to read. I know words are hard, and you're all butthurt now. But you completely missed the bolded text from the board header in wicked's comment, which refers to being an active member on the TTCAL board for over 6 months.

There's no need to be nasty.

@blackbird818‌ - OP has a history of posting on the wrong board and getting butt-hurt when redirected to the best board in the community for where she is at and the questions she has. Her first response to Rachel is typical of how she takes these.

OP - it really does not matter why you thought this was the right board for you. Learn to read the headers, blogs, and any other descriptions the boards you want to post to have. When you get told the best board to go to - so thank you and go to that board!

• Funny. Butt Hurt...must be a new term. I never learned that one when I received my FOUR college and post-graduate degrees.

• Dot30324 said:

Funny. Butt Hurt...must be a new term. I never learned that one when I received my FOUR college and post-graduate degrees.

Google it and then go back and read what people kindly suggested you do and how you responded.

I will re-ask my question from my first reply: what day of your cycle did your doctor test your progesterone before determining you have an LPD.

Also, are you seeing an OB or an RE?

• @Dot30324‌ no one here really said anything rude to you. An appropriate response might have been, "oh, sorry, I didn't read the header. My bad. I'll go check out TTCAL"

@buggirl72‌ is trying to help you out. Maybe consider answering her question

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• @BugGirl72 I was tested 3 different times during 3 different cycles. I can't recall what day in the month it was, but I appreciate you asking.

I am with a RE, who specializes in recurrent miscarriage. Reproductive Biology Associates in Atlanta, GA.

Hope everyone is having a nice Tuesday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"