Baby Names

Thoughts on Estelle?

Stumbled upon this name today. Is it too "old fashioned"? Middle name would be Renee. 

image image
imageimage

Re: Thoughts on Estelle?

• Our DD's name is Claire Elise, so we obviously love french/feminine/classic names. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Love it. I have a good friend with that name. And this little princess is named Estelle. How could you go wrong? ;)

• Loading the player...
  • I smile when I hear it. It's a solid name.
  • I like it a lot. I don't think it's too old fashioned, more ready for a comeback :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @joy2611, I'm sure you're well aware of the stigma "Stella" has in Philadelphia (I'm from there as well), and hate the idea of people thinking it's associated with Rocky. lol

image image
    imageimage
  • Estelle/Estella :x
    October TTGP Challenge- Villains
    Samara- The Ring
    *I may not be able to keep this all month
     the ring animated GIF
  • I really like it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• 4N6s4N6s member
    Don't like it.
  • Looks like I'm in the minority but I'm not crazy about it. It sounds very old lady to me. But I love Renee.
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• cafecreme said:

@joy2611, I'm sure you're well aware of the stigma "Stella" has in Philadelphia (I'm from there as well), and hate the idea of people thinking it's associated with Rocky. lol

I'm also from Philly. The only movie association I have is Streetcar. Rocky yells Adrian (spelling?)

• Joy2611 said:
    @joy2611, I'm sure you're well aware of the stigma "Stella" has in Philadelphia (I'm from there as well), and hate the idea of people thinking it's associated with Rocky. lol
    I'm also from Philly. The only movie association I have is Streetcar. Rocky yells Adrian (spelling?)

Yeah, "Stella!!!" is from Streetcar Named Desire.  Rocky yells "Adrienne!!"

No stigma around Stella either way, though!

I don't care for Stella - only Estella.  I'm strange.

Good luck!
    -------------------
    O.M.G. Can I blame pregnancy brain and being tired on this? I can't believe I mixed the names up. *hides in corner* 
    :-S

image image
    imageimage
  • It's frumpy to my ear and reminds me of Joey's talent agent on Friends. I just picture an old lady with a Brooklyn accent. ;)
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • I love it and think it's just old fashioned enough to be 'on trend' (like Charlotte) but not trendy itself (like how Charlotte is). Estelle Renee flows really nicely and there are multiple nm options if you/your daughter felt like it (Esty which is what one of my favorite Professors in college went by, Etta, Stella, etc). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"