TTC after 35

kinda sad....(bfp mentioned)

I just found out today my cousin and his fiancee are having a baby...they are about 5 1/2 months along and I am happy for them but while I know its harsh, my cousin always seems immature and I can't imagine him married let alone a father......its hard hearing about all of your struggles and having no luck myself, but then others manage to fall into it without trying

Re: kinda sad....(bfp mentioned)

• I feel the same way! I'm an L&D nurse and see a lot of unmarried, very young girls having babies who can't even support themselves. I had a gal last week, 19 yrs old having her 2nd baby with a different father than her 1st kid and still living with her parents. And I'm like "really?!?!" It's hard to take care of these patients sometimes, but when I get the moms who are over 35 having their 1st kid gives me hope!
    Me: 37 DH: 37, married since Sept. 2013. "actively" TTC for a total of 13 months (after 7 months of TTC, took a 1 1/2 year hiatus due to work scheduling and wedding planning. Started up again after our wedding in Sept.) First evaluation by an RE November 2013

HSG-normal
    OH-tiny polyp found, but RE assured me she doesn't think it's contributing to infertility and doesn't recommend me to remove it because it's so small.
    DH's SA-normal
    Hormones all within normal levels
    Ovarian Reserve-RE says "is great" she's not concerned about my egg quantity (which I was until I saw her and results came back good!) 

04/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
    06/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
    11/2013 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger=BFN (prescribed by RE, monitored with US (2 dominant follicles) and baseline bloodwork done)
    01/2014 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger-(prescribed by RE, monitored with US-1 dominant follicle)=BFN
    06/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger (prescribed by RE, monitored with US-2 dominant follicles), IUI #1 on 7/3/14=BFN
    07/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, benched for IUI#2 this cycle, because I ovulated on my own before my follicular US. Progesterone suppositories=BFN Diagnosed with PCOS this month too. Testosterone levels high at 76. =( 
    08/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger with 19mm follicle. IUI#2 on 8/31 cancelled last minute due to family emergency. 
    09/2014 Taking a 3 month break starting this month. If not pregnant in 3 months, will start up again with medicated cycles and IUIs. Had all my labs and AFC re-evaluated this month also. RE says nothing much has changed since my eval last November, okay for me to take a little break. =) 

• I definitely understand your feelings. ((Hugs)).
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2014
    It's hard not to get bitter. 

I remember when a good friend was pregnant, she complained INCESSANTLY. I'm not kidding - every time I talked to her, there were at least 20 minutes of complaints. She was grumpy, gassy, achy, and on and on. I get that pregnancy isn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but come on. I'm in pain every day, and I don't bitch about it, and moreover, my discomfort gets me nothing (while she got a baby).

I didn't want to beat her over the head with all that, so I would just change the subject. Really I wanted to say, "Stop complaining all the time! I would absolutely love to be in your too-tight shoes. Have some grace."
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • "I remember when a good friend was pregnant, she complained INCESSANTLY. I'm not kidding - every time I talked to her, there were at least 20 minutes of complaints. She was grumpy, gassy, achy, and on and on. I get that pregnancy isn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but come on. I'm in pain every day, and I don't bitch about it, and moreover, my discomfort gets me nothing (while she got a baby)."

I can't stand people like that. I had morning sickness for 22 WEEKS with my DD, and barely complained. I just got really quiet when I felt ill and stayed away from everyone. Why? Because being pregnant is a blessing, and I wasn't going to bitch about something that many people want.

To OP: Yeah...I understand. I have a friend who has 4 kids by 4 different fathers and never married any of them. She started at age 15. And the worst part is she didn't really want any of them, but she doesn't believe in abortion or adoption.
  • I mean, I get that pregnancy is super uncomfortable and you feel horrible a lot of the time. So a quick bleating of, "Ugh, my feet hurt" is fine. But when it becomes the main topic of conversation, and in a negative way, it's a problem for me.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Yes, exactly @Austrogermokee. Some people just like to bitch.
  • C_GirlieC_Girlie member
    edited August 2014
    Aww my heart hurts for u. At at least one point or another we've all had that same feeling. I would find myself jealous, mad, angry & sad. Beating myself up & asking "why me, I want a baby". Try to stay positive I hope your day will come

@lgsdesigner‌ I also suffered from hyperemesis gravidarum. I was sick as a dog and worked everyday. I never missed a day for being sick. Zofran was the miracle med
  • I understand feeling jealous when women who don't really want their babies keep having them so easily, but as I always tell myself when I see these situations, am I really jealous of the life these 'families' will have? The road for those women and their babies will not be easy, it's not something I would want for me or mine, so I find it helps to divert my jealousy into a sort of sympathy.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"