Trouble TTC

I'm back...natural vs. medicated IUI

nswain85nswain85 member
edited August 2014 in Trouble TTC
Hi ladies, I have been gone for a bit taking a much needed mental break from all the TTC stuff but am happy to be back now :) We are talking about shooting for our first IUI in November and while I was looking through my paperwork tonight from the RE I noticed that they marked a Clomid cycle instead of a natural cycle. I was always under the impression that since I don't have any issues with my cycles or ovulation that I wasn't a candidate for medication. Is this right or do they prescribe the Clomid to "boost" ovulation for IUI's? Any info or tips regarding this or the pros/cons of medicated vs. natural IUI's would be great. Thank you!

Trying to have baby #1 since April 2013

DH SA March,May 2014 - Low motility and shape issues. On vitamins per RE to help

Me testing April 3, 2014 - FSH and LH good, HSG showed blocked right tube

April 29, 2014 - First RE appt., right tube needs to be removed and possibly left also if

it's bad too. RE suggests going straight to IVF

June 4, 2014 - LAP/HSC and unexpected endo. removed but tubes got to stay!

June 13, 2014 - Post-Op appointment. We decide where to go next since main issue

is MFI influenced. Trying naturally until decision... Repeat SA  in September. Aiming for IUI #1 November 2014.

Re: I'm back...natural vs. medicated IUI

• As far as we know, I dont have any ovulation issues either. MY RE chose medicated cycles in order to have more control over ovulation, specifically to increase the number of "targets."
    Other ladies might have better explanations.
    GL! :D

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thank you ladies!

DH SA March,May 2014 - Low motility and shape issues. On vitamins per RE to help

April 29, 2014 - First RE appt., right tube needs to be removed and possibly left also if

June 13, 2014 - Post-Op appointment. We decide where to go next since main issue

is MFI influenced. Trying naturally until decision... Repeat SA  in September. Aiming for IUI #1 November 2014.

• Loading the player...
  • Same here, I always O but RE put me on Letrozole because 1) chance of multiple follies, 2) cover any possible unknown problems with egg maturation, and 3) research shows chances with meds + IUI are significantly higher than just IUI (or just meds) for couples with all different diagnoses.
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • As others have said, a medicated IUI increases your chances. I don't have any problems ovulating either and I took Clomid the month I did my IUI. Good luck with everything.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Thanks everyone! I am going to persue the medicated route I think if my RE suggests it for us. I want to have the best shot possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"