1st Trimester
Options

8 weeks ultrasound leaving us hanging...

First it is best to note that I am over 35...  Today we had our 8 week ultrasound.  On the plus side the baby measured right on target on the heartbeat was 160 beats per minute.  But you know when it's not all positive when the ultrasound technician steps out and way later a doctor walks in.  He says the placenta looks larger than normal for the age and their are dark spots on it.  He also mentioned that the baby itself seems off.  Of course he can't be conclusion since he is working with something super tiny and who knows about angels.  So now we have to wait 2 weeks to recheck and have genetic testing done.

He says the dark spots could just be extra blood that go away in time or a molar pregnancy (in which the baby would have to be terminated).  I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and what the results were.  Waiting is just agonizing! 

Re: 8 weeks ultrasound leaving us hanging...

• Options
    I have no experience, but I wish you the very best outcome. It's tough not knowing what's going on, stay strong.
  • Options
    no advice, just T&Ps
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had bad ultrasounds so that part I have experienced but not this exact situation. I'll be praying that there isn't a molar pregnancy and that it turns out your baby is just fine.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    Fingers crossed everything turns out okay!
  • Options
    I also know how it feels to have a horrible non-conclusive ultrasound.  Most of the time it is just a waiting game to figure it out.  I found that keeping myself busy helped a lot.  Hang in there.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Options
    Hope everything is okay and that it is 'normal'.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Never heard of this, and I am sorry that this happened to you. I hope everything turns out to be ok for you. Sending positive thoughts and try to stay calm until you have your next U/S
  • Options
    fingers crossed everything turns out "normal"

***SIGGY WARNING***

me: 28 - all test normal
    DH: 33 - SA normal

*unexplained*

TTC since September 2011
    2011-Oct.2013 - trying off and on, ob/gyn, no meds
    November 2013-December-EOD, ob/gyn, no meds

January 2014- ob/gyn ordered Clomid (50 mg) unmonitored, EOD-BFN
    February-Clomid 50 mg. unmontiored, EOD - BFN
    March-Switched to RE
    April- 100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel-BFN
    May - 100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel-BFN
    June-*BREAK/Switch RE*
    July- 5 mg Femara/Ovidrel + IUI #1- BFN
    August- 5 mg Femara/Ovidrel + IUI #2 - BFP!!!!

EDD: May 7th, 2015: Team PINK

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"