Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Beco Gemini/Baby Carrier Question

I'm going to Disney with my DD and DS in November.  They will be 7 mo and 4 then.  I've been reading a lot about people recommending that you get a carrier for babies for the parks, but I really don't know all that much about them since I never needed/wanted one with DS.  If you have this, is it very breathable?  I have back issues and my DH is a pretty large guy, so I'm sure I'll be the one carrying DD, so I need one that won't kill my back even more and won't cause us to get too sweaty if it's still really hot.  Also, I'm only 5'2", so I need a carrier that works well for short people.  If you know of another brand that is more comfortable, I'm open to suggestions.  Looking at this one, I liked the versatility of being able to wear her front, back, and hip - so I think I want that feature in whatever I get.  TIA!

Re: Beco Gemini/Baby Carrier Question

• Options
    If you're concerned about getting hot wearing it for long periods of time, you may want to check out the Boba Air. I don't have one but I've heard excellent things and it's very breathable.

I do have a Beco Gemini and I love it (still using it with our 2.5yo) but it can get warm on hot days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The Beco gets warm but doesn't bother my back and fits well - I'm 5'4". You might want to look at some of the sport versions of the ergo as I think they are more breathe able. Personally I did not like the ergo - less support for my back and harder to put on compared to beco.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would do a beco over the boba air if you will be wearing for more than an hour, the air has no padding and gets uncomfortable faster.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AKB090609 said:

I would do a beco over the boba air if you will be wearing for more than an hour, the air has no padding and gets uncomfortable faster.

Good to know. I know the air is lightweight but like I said, I don't have one. I do love my Gemini and highly recommend it. Very comfortable. Plus multiple carries (in front, side/hip, and back).

• Options
    LittleAppleLittleApple member
    edited August 2014
    I am no expert on the fabrics, but I imagine that having a tiny person pushed up against my body on a hot day is going to be hot for everyone involved, no matter what type of carrier you have.
    That said, I have a Beco Gemini and I LOVE IT.  I sold my Ergo and never looked back.  It is very easy to get baby in and out and put on. The fabric is very light weight--lighter than the Ergo. I like the option to front face too.  I am 5'4 and it fits me very well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses!  I know I'm probably going to be hot no matter what.  I just wanted to see if people had experience with one being hotter than another and to see what's been more comfortable for people.  I know I'll be standing in long lines with her since we're going during one of the busiest weeks of the year, so comfort is a must! :)  It sounds like people really like the Beco, especially for comfort.  Thank you again!
  • Options
    I'm 5'2" with a super short torso and I love my Beco Gemini. I especially like that the straps cross at the back which makes it more comfortable for carrying for longer periods. If it's possible, I would go to a store and try on different types of carriers to get a feel for what works with your body type.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"