April 2014 Moms
Options

Peeig in bath tub

If LO pees during a bath do you just keep going or do you dump and start fresh? What if it's right after you put em in? My LO goes all the time, sometimes as soon as he hits the water, other times in the middle.

Re: Peeig in bath tub

• Options
    We don't worry about it.
  • Options
    We just keep going, he hasn't done it in a while, but if he does it's usually at the end anyway.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She does it all the time! We have the 4moms bathtub. The water spills over a reservoir into the tub and drains out the bottom so you can have a constant flow of clean, warm water. That's the main reason I got it, I get weirded out by sitting in a bathtub in dirty water that gets cold fast so I figured I'd just do her a favor. I would not want to hang out in a tub I peed in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The first couple of times we dumped the water. Now we just keep going, but I won't wash his head with pee water.
  • Options
    I actually catch his pee with a washcloth that I use to bathe him and then when he's done I rinse it out and continue, I think it's a bit better than bathing him in pee water.
  • Options
    She's only peed once that I've seen and I dumped it. I know it's sterile and all but I felt better giving her fresh water.

• Options
    Should I actually fill up the tub to give LO a bath?  We have one of those Angelcare baths with the mesh, and I just keep a full bowl of water next to him and cup it over him.  Baths at our house are not the soothing things they are at others, I'm guessing :)  We do things briskly!

And yes, his fountain goes off from time to time during baths.
  • Options
    She does it all the time! We have the 4moms bathtub. The water spills over a reservoir into the tub and drains out the bottom so you can have a constant flow of clean, warm water. That's the main reason I got it, I get weirded out by sitting in a bathtub in dirty water that gets cold fast so I figured I'd just do her a favor. I would not want to hang out in a tub I peed in.
    Call me a greenie but I find this waste of water a bit scary, though I guess the amount you would use in total is probably the same as an adult bath?

Change? nope, never change it. But TBH I have never even noticed when/if she has peed in the bath anyway! I assume she has but its just pee, not a radioactive substance.
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    We just leave it. DS usually pees 75% of the time he takes a bath.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    We keep on keeping on. And we still only give him a real bath once a week.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    I'm sure she pees in the tub all the time and I just don't notice. Out of sight, out of mind I suppose.

And in what realm is urine "sterile"? Lol

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    To be fair up until very recently urine was said to be sterile. I have never even considered starting over regardless.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    Everytime. I have learned to ninja wash DS head and face once we hit the water to beat the fountain. Then we just keep going.
  • Options
    Nope I don't change it. He pees eeeeeevery time
  • Options
    People pee in public pools/streams/the ocean all the time. At least at home it's her own (or her sisters pee)! Co-bathing for the win!
  • Options
    Leave it. Unless there is only a teeny amount of water in the tub, then I'll start over.
    image    image

• Options
    DS usually gets washed and then we let him splash around in his tub for a bit until he pees.  That is usually when we say he's finished.  It's like clockwork almost.  
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Urine is sterile.

That's my theory too. Hubby still thinks it's weird.
  • Options
    My little guy has a mini fountain in the bath tub. Never shoots out, just up a couple inches. Now during diaper changes? That's a couple feet at least. Luckily that doesn't happen often. :-)
  • Options
    DD pees every. single. time. But I kinda like that she does (not necessarily in the tub) because it's like a good pee before her night diaper comes on. Also, I'm too lazy to start over again.
  • Options
    I am not sure I would even know if she did pee. I always start with her hair and face first anyway, so I am using clean water for that part. I don't think I would ever drain her tub if I did know that she peed in it.

• Options
    avidkeo said:
    Call me a greenie but I find this waste of water a bit scary, though I guess the amount you would use in total is probably the same as an adult bath?

Change? nope, never change it. But TBH I have never even noticed when/if she has peed in the bath anyway! I assume she has but its just pee, not a radioactive substance.

I'm not sure if you're supposed to leave the faucet running the entire time or not, but because it has a plug at the bottom of the basin I can turn the faucet off, bathe, then turn it on again to rinse. Overall, it's not a huge waste of water. Maybe the equivalent of two baby baths. And I'm not buying the idea that it's any way similar to swimming in a pool where people pee all the time. Pools have chemicals for a reason.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"