Working Moms

Giving notice - terrified

I'm giving notice today.  My boss is WFH which is not ideal, but I have to do it today so that my 2 weeks lines up with my start date.  I'm dreading this like the plague.  She is going to blow a gasket.   My team is already about 4 people short and the time to ramp up is very long - I've only been here 9 months and still don't feel comfortable in this role and on this team and don't think I ever will, hence my leaving.  She's also had her hand slapped recently for behavior, so I know she'll take this personally as another blow to her.

I am just dreading telling her this and know she is going to be quite angry.  That makes me also dread the next two weeks.  UGH.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Giving notice - terrified

• I hope everything goes well for you!  I was also terrified.  My boss can either be very understanding, or the exact opposite.  And we're not only going through huge changes (just bought out another office) but I'm also going to be delivering right in the busiest part of the season for us  AND I work part of the time directly as her assistant.  I was very glad that she was super nice about it and congratulated me.  Maybe, just maybe your boss will do the same.  We can hope anyways! Sending hugs and support your way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How did it go??
  • Loading the player...
  • That sucks.

I once had a manager cry when I gave my notice. It wasn't about me. She was under a lot of pressure and I was the second one to quit within 1 week. Nor was it about her- I loved her, just found a better opportunity.

That's why they say: it's business, not personal. 

So, how did it go?

• wish you all the best. Yes, id dread this if i were in the same position. But then again like what PPs said, your decision is not personal, but more of for your professional growth.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"