August 2014 Moms

Cue the post partum hormone crazies

Today I broke down and wept because my 2 1/2 year old told me that she doesn't like the songs I sing to her when I put her to sleep. I've been rotating through the same 9 songs since she was born, so I suppose it's not that strange that she might be bored with them, but it totally broke my heart. I'm crying again now as I write this. I feel like it's our special thing, and it's even more important to me now that I have another child taking up a bunch of my attention.

I know it's crazy, and I can always learn more songs. Post partum hormones strike again.

Anyone else freaking out over silly stuff?

Re: Cue the post partum hormone crazies

• I broke down yesterday over the diapers we are useing. I really really really wanted to cloth diaper, my H is really against it. Since I work full time and he only works part time he'll be changing more diapers. We are using Eco friendly, chemical free, super friendly diapers. However at night we are using pampers to keep him from waking up wet every hour, and they are scented and full of chemicals and I feel I the need to scrub my baby when I take them off DS. I HATE useing them when I've always wanted to cloth diaper, and I ended up having a total breakdown as a result. Which is so silly and uncalled for, because really a scents diaper at night probably isn't doing all that much harm.
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I cried today because I didn't hold LO immediately after she came out. I was out between contractions, shaking, and still in a ton of pain. I knew I needed to deliver the placenta too and I was scared I couldn't hold onto her. I asked them to clean her and for DH to immediately go to her. In a way I am happy he got to be the first to hold her - I had bonded with her the whole time I was pregnant and feeling her kicks and rolls - it was his turn. But I feel bad that I wasn't all about having her immediately, that I wanted to recover a minute, and that I asked them to clean her first. I swear I didn't care if she was cleaned off or not, but I really didn't want to drop her. Even writing this is making me tear up.
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Ampip2270Ampip2270 member
    edited August 2014
    Took our LO out for the first time today other than to PEDs and I lost it. We only went to the bank and to old navy but I got this overwhelming feeling of anxiety and I was upset I couldn't hold him. He's only 5 days old so I wanted to keep him covered & in the carrier. Cried in old navy while Husband was in dressing room, he came out wiped my tears and said we could leave right then and there. I told him no I could at least make it through checking out and such. I felt so silly, I wish I could explain the feeling to my husband, he feels so helpless and hates to see me cry.
  • Today I broke down and wept because my 2 1/2 year old told me that she doesn't like the songs I sing to her when I put her to sleep. I've been rotating through the same 9 songs since she was born, so I suppose it's not that strange that she might be bored with them, but it totally broke my heart. I'm crying again now as I write this. I feel like it's our special thing, and it's even more important to me now that I have another child taking up a bunch of my attention. I know it's crazy, and I can always learn more songs. Post partum hormones strike again. Anyone else freaking out over silly stuff?
    Aww, this would make me really sad too :(
    Don't think you're being ridiculous at all!
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Last night I was crying at 3am because DH was getting up with LO and has been since he was born, and that made me sad because it's something I should be doing as his mom. I actually was mad because he was letting me sleep.... My H is a saint for putting up with me.
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have full on meltdowns when I see/hear her cry/scream during bath time. Full. On. Meltdowns.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• My toddler is sick and I keep crying that I can't pick him up, or that when he does come over to cuddle, he kicks or bumps my incision and I push him away (in pain).

Then randomly I keep thinking about my husband's voice when he announced the baby was born. This time and last, he was choked up and so happy and excited, and he kissed me.

Then I think about how he was my rock during labor. Delivering DS was textbook perfect, but this time it was bumpy and hard. Nothing really worked. I had insane hot spots when the epi failed in one location. I was crying, swearing, frustrated... Then they told me she wasn't descending as I was pushing, and that I had started bleeding hard. They took me into the or alone to get prepped and I was scared and worried about the baby, but when he came in, he sat down and took my hands, rubbed my arm, and said everything would be OK.

And of course, now I'm crying, just writing this out.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"