April 2014 Moms

Help please!

So I am not happy with DD's daycare situation. I am a teacher and we sent her two days this week while I set up my classroom. When I picked her up yesterday she was laying in a pack n play next to a puddle of spit up with a wet diaper. Her feet also felt very cold. It honestly looks like she doesn't get my attention. It is an in home daycare so she is in a room with toddlers. She is a very good baby so I think they are taking advantage of her and are just putting her in a pack n play while they entertain the toddlers. I very upset. I start work full time on Tuesday and dont know what to do!!!! I wish I could stay home but we just cant afford it if I do. What would you do?? Im currently looking for other daycares but not having any luck. I live in westchester ny. Any other westchester moms know of a safe reliable daycare? Im just so upset. Ugh. Thank you for listening. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Forgive me for typos as I am on mobile!!!

Re: Help please!

• No advice. But I just wanted to say I'm sorry your having to have this added stress before going back to work! Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I chose a daycare center instead of in-home so that I wouldn't have to worry as much about those things. Is a larger center an option for you? I feel better that there are specified "infant rooms" with all infants and infant teachers doing things to specifically target/stimulate that age group.
  • Teresa1896Teresa1896 member
    edited August 2014
    Have you tried talking to your daycare provider? Maybe there was a situation with another kiddo that required their attention and they kept your LO contained in the pack n play to keep her safe/happy? Maybe she'd just woken up?

Eta: my kids are also in an in-home daycare. There are times when LO is in a bouncer/swing/P&P when my daycare provider literally can't get to him because she has another baby she watches as well as other kids too- he's not her only kid, ya know? She can't pick him up and hold him every minute. No provider will be able to do that, unless you have a nanny or someone with no other kids.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"