August 2014 Moms

Breastfeeding mama's- what are you eating?

I'm trying to steer towards more healthy foods, but I'm totally running out of ideas! I'm avoiding dairy because it seems to affect my ds. What are you ladies eating?? Maybe I can get some fabulous ideas!!

Re: Breastfeeding mama's- what are you eating?

• I also eat a lot of protein, veggies and fruits. But I keep some mac and cheese, chicken nuggets and french fries handy for the days Ijust want comfort food.
  • I also eat a lot of protein, veggies and fruits. But I keep some mac and cheese, chicken nuggets and french fries handy for the days Ijust want comfort food.
  • Loading the player...
  • Cinnamon almonds from trader Joe's are my go to snack right now. I've been keeping breakfast high in fiber with oatmeal and some fruit, lunch is whatever I have time to make, but usually leftovers, dinner is usually whatever people bring us(so grateful that a month later people are still bringing us food!), leftovers, or something that can either be thrown together quickly or a crockpot meal that was prepped while LO was sleeping
  • I eat my normal food. I'm careful about limiting chocolate and broccoli though bc my DD appeared to be gaser with those two.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've cut out dairy. I've been eating lots of protein, fruits, vegetables, almonds. Trying to do mostly paleo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I wish I was eating healthier, but I'm eating whatever is available and easy to grab. Sometimes that means fruit and sometimes it's cookies. 
  • I'm eating the same as usual. Trying to get a lot of fruit and veggies in, and I've found though I'm hungry often I can't eat the same portions I normally do, so I'm having more mini meals. Especially lunch and dinner portions, I tend to split them in half of my normal and eat a couple hours apart. My stomach just seems to have shrunk, it did the same after my first was born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eating the same as usual. Just avoiding eating too much fast food for my own benefit. Also making it a goal to drink more water.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I am eating as I usually do, but probably with more not-so-great snacking because I grab what is easy. I have been drinking a ton of water.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• I am eating cereal and fruit for breakfast, whatever is handy for lunch (leftovers or a pbj and fruit) and whatever I make for dinner.

The hardest thing is that we had to adjust our breakfast and dinner time to accommodate Otis(our dog). He was diagnosed with diabetes this week and must eat 2 times a day 12 hours apart and then get his insulin injection. Since he is used to getting bites when we eat, then we also have to eat breakfast and dinner with him. Lunch is the worst because he can't have anything and I fear he thinks he is being punished. This also means that I haven't been snacking in between meals...so I am pretty hungry by the time we get to dinner at 7:30.

TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • I'm vegan, stayed vegan all through pregnancy, and continuing that way now. I tend to eat healthy anyway, but I'm being careful to make my calories count and not go for things like cookies or (almond milk) ice cream.

I've noticed a steep decline in my appetite, so I have to remind myself to eat! I'm aiming for about 200 to 300 calories more than I ate pre-pregnancy to keep my supply up.

image    image
  • Cat&SCat&S member
    edited August 2014
    I was starving the first two or three days, but my appetite has dropped off sharply since. I'm eating a lot of fruit, cheese, cereal. I also have been loving the Bear Naked real nut energy bars for breakfast. And a drinking a ton of water. The only "real meal" I've been eating is dinner, and it's usually whatever DH makes. Oh, and I have had a glass of wine the last two nights. Heaven, lol.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Everything. Lol
  • I've been doing sandwiches and quesadillas a lot for lunch, then whatever DH cooks for dinner. Snacks are mostly fruit: plums, apricots, and apples this week.
  • I eat all the food! We ordered Thai food for dinner tonight and I wanted so much my husband asked if we had enough money for it all.
  • I tried to eat relatively healthy during pregnancy, but have been awful the last 2 weeks pp. Nothing but brownies, cookies, pasta, etc.. This thread inspired me to send hubby out to the grocery store for fruit, veggies, nuts, and other lean protein, so thanks for the motivation ladies!
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"