1st Trimester

False alarm or not?

Im 5 weeks pregnant and this morning I had a sharp intense cramp that reminded me of my miscarriage 4 months ago. Ive had mild cramps throughout my pregnancy so far and I know they are normal symptoms but this was nothing like it.
 No vaginal bleeding but it kept coming and going all morning, that I had a hard time walking so called my OB who told me to go to the ED for an ultrasound. Pelvic exam showed my cervix was closed with no visual blood. My blood hCG level went from 2711 to 10,480 in 3 days. This was reassuring but my ultrasound only showed a very small gestational sac but no signs of baby, meaning no yolk sac or fetal pole :-(. 
Maybe its too early to tell on USl. I have a scheduled US at 7 weeks but can the cramps really be this intense and be normal? I was also doing yoga dvd this AM and half an hour later it happened. Should I stop doing yoga? I have been doing almost daily yoga for over a year now. Isn't exercise good for the baby during pregnancy? Im scared to move now :-(

Re: False alarm or not?

• Relax and listen to whatever your doctor suggests you should do. And yes, 5w is pretty early to tell on an u/s.

• 5w is too early to see anything on the u/s, as pp said.

It is possible that the yoga "caused" the pain, but it is likely nothing harmful. Try to get some rest and take it a little easy until it goes away or you know more.
    Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're only 5 weeks you won't see baby yet, plus ERs typically have crappy ultrasound equipment. Your levels are rising, you're not bleeding, and everything else seems normal. Don't borrow trouble.

I'm sorry for your previous loss :(
  • It could be that you have a nerve pinched and that's what is causing the sharp pains...this happened to me with my DD and DS, both perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies. :)

Stay positive and yes, listen to whatever your doctor says and try to relax and take it easy. :)

FX for the best for you!
  • Some first tri cramps can be intense. I know it's hard not to worry, but until the doctor says anything to the contrary, you are as ok as you can be.

Drink lots of water.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thank you all for your replies. I decided to take it easy and stop doing yoga for now. The pain went away in 2 days. My next ultrasound is in 2 weeks and I have decided to leave all my worries to God from now on. 
  • UPDATE: My 7 week U/S went well...all glory goes to God! Everything was seen including the yolk sac, fetal pole, a strong heart beat and appropriate size. Yaaaay :-) Please keep me in your prayers. Many blessings !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"